Bunge North America - Unsure of Direction | Glassdoor

"Unsure of Direction"

Pros

Great company culture in the North American office. Everyone really did seem to care about each other and the work they were doing.

Cons

Work life balance is hard, room for personal growth may be stunted due to lack of evaluation from management.

Other Employee Reviews for Bunge North America

1. "Bunge North America"

I worked at Bunge North America full-time

Pros

Opportunities to grow may be good.

Cons

No work-life balance, no interest in people keeping a normal personal life.

"Bunge has no core values with hypocritical micro-management"

I worked at Bunge North America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pro's was defiantly at the local facility employees. Had a family atmosphere who cared about each other.

Cons

Where do I began? Upper management is so worried about their own backs that they are not afraid to back stab local managers throwing them under the bus for something that is supposed to be resolved not reticule by management. Upper management have no clue what is going at the local faculties even when told. If you tell them about a problem, they continue to ignore the problem until it is either dissolved or becomes a larger one claiming that they had no clue. When embarrassing them that they did know with emails they deny they saw them even though they replied.
    The only people that move up in the company is people who rub the right elbows looking past their competence. People who don't move up are the ones who initiate ideas & never receive credit where credit is due.
    Moral is terrible at most faculties due to upper management. They tried to introduce a flex work schedule but deny all grain employees - in fact was told by the district manager that this policy does not apply to grain employees. Nice, when you work 7 days a week/12 hours a day for 9 months & have a use it or loose it vacation policy which I never fully used & was even told that I needed to stay & work, not go to my own sisters wedding.
    I can fill this page but since I am no longer employed at Bunge, my stress level has considerably lowered & don't want to relive bad memories.

Advice to Management

When I began at Bunge, I enjoyed it, it felt like family. At the end, it is a bunch of back stabbing, blundering idiots that have no clue how to even trade grain or operate an elevator in upper management. The 'because I said so' mentality needs to leave - this mentality was my reason to why many times.....