Burcham Hills Retirement Community - The people are amazing, and if you put in the effort, there are many development opportunities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Burcham Hills Retirement Community

"The people are amazing, and if you put in the effort, there are many development opportunities."

I have been working at Burcham Hills Retirement Community part-time

Pros

Strengths-based leadership- means that your position or combination thereof can be tailored to your strengths.

Cons

It's a non-profit, so the pay may not be quite as high as competitors.

Advice to Management

Take more initiative to show front-line employees that management cares.

Other Employee Reviews for Burcham Hills Retirement Community

1. "Excellent Place to Work- Great Teamwork!"

Former Employee - Receptionist in East Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Receptionist in East Lansing, MI

I worked at Burcham Hills Retirement Community full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Burcham Hills is a wonderful community to be a part of. I was hired about a year ago and was given excellent training. During my short time here, I have had the opportunity to take on new positions. My supervisor is kind, receptive, supportive and has an 'open-door' to asking questions. I admire the leadership because they appreciate and recognize staff for their hard work. I believe the culture at Burcham Hills is resident focused, supportive, and committed to excellence. There are so many employees that have been here for 5,10, 15 and even 20+ years because it is great place to work. I would have stayed if I were not moving across the country. I was so grateful to work with nursing, maintenance, hospitality, wellness ect. staff that were always willing to help me and each other out. I made good friends and will miss our awesome residents!

Cons

The most challenging part of the job is watching family, friends, staff and loved ones cope with loss. However, I am grateful to work in a community where staff is able to support residents and their loved ones in such a way that I often hear ‘mom/dad loved this place and you all took such great care of them’.

Advice to Management

Continue giving great support and encouraging teamwork among the staff- it is working!

"Nurse Assistant"

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in East Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in East Lansing, MI

I worked at Burcham Hills Retirement Community part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Residents made this job enjoyable. Getting to help them everyday become more independent was what made the job worth it. Employees there are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Understaffed. Call lights were almost always on and it was near impossible to find time to chart before the end of the day ended.

Advice to Management

Hire, hire, hire! Needs more employees.