Bureau Veritas North America - Fine, so long as your division has unrealistically low overhead | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bureau Veritas North America

"Fine, so long as your division has unrealistically low overhead"

I worked at Bureau Veritas North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good coworkers
Adequate resources for most of the work
Relatively flexible schedule
Global resources

Cons

Low compensation in comparison to others in industry and area
Numbers-oriented to a fault, even if your division's numbers are great for what you do, if they are even slightly less favorable to the company's bottom line (regardless of what your division does) you are targeted for cuts.
Fairly obvious favoritism displayed by upper management
Nonsensical insistence that all employees take specific online training for activities/situations that do not relate to job function or environment

Other Employee Reviews for Bureau Veritas North America

"Anonymous-California"

I worked at Bureau Veritas North America full-time

Pros

Most of my co-Workers were nice people. Benefits were average to good for a large company.

Cons

I have worked at several companies, large and small, and this is by far the worst office environment and managment that I have experienced. Camaraderie and team building is not encouraged and most people fear being fired everyday. Some of the management plays games with employees so they will either leave or so they can fire people and no body else in management seems to care. Bureau Veritas means Bureau of Truth which couldn't be further from the truth..... and I will leave that at that. I imagine as the job market improves many people will find jobs elsewhere. Maybe other office for this company are better than the office I was in, but my experience was terrible. I was actually relieved to leave there. Life is too short to work in this kind of environment.

Advice to Management

Management doesn't care how employees are treated as long as the work gets done and they get their money.

2. "great place with great people"

I worked at Bureau Veritas North America full-time

Pros

The director was easy to approach and listened to his staff. Everyone was treated with respect and given the opportunities to grow in the direction in which they aspired.
    While routine meetings sometimes felt less that productive, there were very few of them.

Cons

-Not enough sense of urgency to make things happen as far as improvements to safety or building infrastructure. Issues were talked about for months without much progress because there wasn't always a sense of ownership of issues.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable to particular goals.