Bureau Veritas - Internship at Burea Veritas Germany> personally super lovely, but not much related to career development. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bureau Veritas

"Internship at Burea Veritas Germany> personally super lovely, but not much related to career development."

Former Intern - Marketing
Former Intern - Marketing

I worked at Bureau Veritas as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My people to people relationship inside company was great
There were only me in the department so I had to do so many stuffs by myself, and I loved it as I came to learn about 'what I do in marketing if I join the company'.

Cons

No good salary
No good welfare
No innovative atmosphere
Management level people are pretty superficial

Other Employee Reviews for Bureau Veritas

"Be warned: Steer clear of these clowns."

Former Employee - Senior Environmental Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Senior Environmental Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Bureau Veritas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you need a paycheck, its a job. If it’s the only job you can get, any job is better than no job. No responsibilities. No ownership.

Cons

It’s difficult to know where to start with such an inherently bad company such as Bureau Veritas.

Management at all levels is clueless and cannot communicate effectively between themselves or their employees. I’ve never seen so much incompetency. In one building. The ineptitude is in describable. Don’t expect them to talk to you or even know your name.

Their reactive safety culture is borderline dangerous, someone has to get seriously hurt before they will even thing about implementing change. They are years behind the safety culture of their ‘competitors’.

Laziness, bad attitudes and incompetency is just pushed under the rug and ignored. Endemic “that’s not my job“ ethos.

They like to think they are more prestigious and important in the industry than they are. A small company trying to play with the "big boys" with little to no internal structure in place to support big ideals.

Awful internal IT department. The software they use is outdates and difficult to use.

Boom and bust mentality, they treat clients like idiots and try to rinse them of every penny.
    Poor performance review structure / process. Minimal career opportunities.

I couldn't wait to leave Bureau Veritas and I can’t wait for the day I can remove them from my CV / resume as they are an embarrassment to be associated with.

Advice to Management

Nothing can help Bureau Veritas - incompetency is endemic. If you are thinking of working there, better prospects can be had in McDonalds. If you currently work there, leave before you career has been tarnished forever.

"OK - Just another Manpower supply company , with a supported brand name"

Current Employee - Quality Systems Auditor in Muscat (Oman)
    Current Employee - Quality Systems Auditor in Muscat (Oman)

I have been working at Bureau Veritas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Brand Name for further job, Posting with diffrent companies giving good soft skils

Cons

Just a Manpower supplier with a brand name to flout, dont expect any personal devlopement