Burger King - A good part-time job while in school. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Burger King

"A good part-time job while in school."

Current Employee - Team Member in Lawrenceville, GA
Current Employee - Team Member in Lawrenceville, GA

Pros

Burger King was a great part-time job while in school because my boss is flexible with hours. She understands that I can't work very much during school. But I could get all the hours I needed / wanted when I don't have school (summer / Christmas).

I started as a Front-counter specialist, after I got comfortable with that, they started putting me on the Drive-thru. I asked to learn the kitchen, and they trained me for it. I then became an official: "Jack of all Trades" which let me get more hours, because I don't have a defined role, I can do what ever they need me to do.

Cons

Like most fast-food type jobs it does not pay well.
There are not a whole lot of opportunities for promotions unless you can become an Hourly Shift Coordinator.
It can get stressful, because there is pressure from the corporate level to meet goals like drive-thru times, and many customers do not care about that, and some of them can be rude.

Advice to Management

The corporate level management needs to be more understanding of the stress that the team members have to go to.
Honestly, sometimes it seems like they are trying to make our lives harder.

Other Employee Reviews for Burger King

"Great if you have no life and three sets of hands."

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Lafayette, LA

Pros

The company has great ideas and is looking to keep moving forward. The systems in place are good and the food is better then other burger joints.

Cons

Base pay frankly sucks compared to most restaurants with this kind of sales volume.
    Not all but some district managers would rather be out playing golf then actualy visit a store. You ask a question and are either told to call someone else or just plain ignored. Mainly just a plain aggravating experience.

Advice to Management

Crack down on middle management, hard...
    Staff more jr management in the stores OR allow us to staff our self( big concept I know)
    Become stricter on training standards, a cashier won't stay long if they don't know what they are doing. Managers are no different.

"Prior to the 3G buyout it was a fantastic place to work. Since then, you wait around to get laid off."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

Strong brand presence, I have a very good director and VP, pretty decent gym for $25 per month, and the cafeteria is a huge perk.

Cons

Dishonest executive team, terrible work environment because of the fear of losing your job everyday, ownership expects you do do the job of 4 people and receive the same compensation, all the cubes were ripped out and now we sit at what feels like picnic tables in a wide open floor.

Advice to Management

Sell the company and go back to Brazil. You have destroyed an iconic brand, demolished careers, people with 30 years experience have been eliminated so you can bring in entry-level MBA candidates to run the company. It's an embarrassment.