Burger King - The Corporate Management Trainee is misleading and built on empty promises | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Burger King

"The Corporate Management Trainee is misleading and built on empty promises"

Current Employee - Management Trainee Program in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Management Trainee Program in Miami, FL

I have been working at Burger King full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Miami is a beautiful city to live in, HQ very close to the airport
*Peers your own age, lots of young people straight out of college

Cons

*Very demanding culture, zero tolerance policy for making mistakes
*Long hours, most people work an average of 60 hours a week
*Mediocre pay, benefits keep getting cut
*Extremely high turnover rate, people are fired on a regular basis, others get fed up and quit
*You are promised upward mobility/quick promotions, in reality, once the directors and managers get fired, analysts then take on their work to cut cost
*Lacks high-level quantitative analysis in all areas/functions, current methods are inadequate

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and maybe the turnover rate won't be so high...

Other Employee Reviews for Burger King

1. "Over worked and Under paid"

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Portsmouth, VA
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Portsmouth, VA

I worked at Burger King part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Full time employees have the chance to draw a plan of 41k as well as full benefits, dental, medical, optical etc.

Cons

Depending on age most employees will barely see full time hours. No matter how hard you try to grow with in this company they'll try to discourage you before trying to give you the chance.

Advice to Management

Although management is a great thing to be a part of in this company it's more like running a daycare center.

"Don't expect much from Burger King"

Current Employee - Crew Member in Dothan, AL
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Dothan, AL

I have been working at Burger King part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My fellow crew members are all pretty nice and easy to work with and get along with. Some work harder than others, though.

Cons

low pay, no raises or reviews. I have worked at Burger King Part time for almost two years. I make minimum wage, and have not received one review or raise in the time I have been there. no guarantee of steady amount of hours. If they see you work hard, they take advantage of you, expect you to do more and more. Preferental treatment of employees. It is so blatently obvious how little corporate care for their employees. We can't get raises because we keep getting told that there is a freeze on raises, yet Burger King continues to make profits. Managers get bonuses and free meals. Crew members, who make less money, have to pay half price for meals and get no bonuses after doing most of the work. Yes, it's a fast food joint, but that doesn't mean the employees should be treated with indifference and disrespect.

Advice to Management

Pay fair wages, for crying out loud. Be more consistent and fair when creating the work schedule. i told management I could work up to four days a week, so now I am only getting two. Be fair and expect all employees to do their share of the work.