Burlington Stores - Never have been happier, stressed, but actually enjoy my job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Stores

"Never have been happier, stressed, but actually enjoy my job"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Burlington Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

corporate doesn't always seem to take our jobs seriously and rams things down out throats without consieration to all of the basic tasks we need to do, including the important ones like taking care of customers and getting sales. Our RVP helps us negotiate that and work around the stressors, but he seems stressed trying to help us. I have close to ten years here and have never really enjoyed my job like I do today. We were given someone new and he cares about family, us and always treats us with respect. My HR told me about this site and I red horror stories on here and wanted to share one where its not all bad.

Cons

Their is too much direction from all over, weather its regional team or corporate. We have learned to get better at our last voice mtg, but its still a struggled. Corporate consistently is trying to better things, but doesn't realize the workload theyre adding.

Advice to Management

I consider upper management to be corporate. To be clear. Think about what impact your causing to us. Have a store commitee to help senior leaders understand what we go through before just adding more layers or work and tasks.

Other Employee Reviews for Burlington Stores

"Brag About It"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Burlington Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership places a strong focus on improvement that goes beyond the "let's make money" goal of every company - they've put a focus on the people who ultimately drive that bottom line and their employment experience with the company.

Cons

PTO policy is not as robust as I've seen in my past employment with other companies. (fewer holidays)

"The experience is great for customer service oriented people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Burlington Stores full-time

Pros

You get to meet many many people who might change your life and day.
    They feed you a lot when you work during holidays.
    They are not strict when you miss work for any reason.

Cons

THEY DON'T HAVE ANY TYPE of training procedures.
    They don't care if you call out a lot, you will keep your job.
    They don't look for replacements when you do call out so you may be the only cashier to ring up hundreds of people.
    They do not believe in competitive pay compared to other stores(Ex. Ross, Marshall's etc.)

Advice to Management

More pay comes more commitment. If you want long lasting employees then bring up hourly pay.