Burlington Stores - Reenergized Career | Glassdoor

"Reenergized Career"

Current Employee - Executive Level Associate in Burlington, NJ
Current Employee - Executive Level Associate in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Burlington Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive work environment. Company is striving to become an employer of choice. Professionals from many different companies are hired based upon not only experience and past success, but also personality and character traits that match the organizational goals and objectives, and core values of Burlington. Wide open door policy. Opportunity for growth here is immense. The teams the thing!

Cons

It is a good con to have, but...there is a lot of change going on at Burlington. So, there is a lot of disruption and plans may change often. The field management teams are settling in, but consistency between regions/territory should be improved and accountabilities made stronger. Other than that, this company is one of the best things to happen to my career.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive operational consistensies to the corporate and field teams. Hold all managers accountable in their evaluations not only for sales, but for training requirements, operational metrics, loss prevention performance, health and safety, and even turnover, Also, I would advise slowing down a bit with new initiatives until we can get the current ones inplemented and settled. Otherwise, great job leading our company!

Other Employee Reviews for Burlington Stores

"Not the greatest"

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Burlington, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Burlington, NJ

I worked at Burlington Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discounts, Buyers are out of the office 2-3 days a week, Vacation Time

Cons

Management flip flops constantly about what this company is supposed to be, one minute they are a department store the next an off pricer. Buyers are blamed for sales when the stores look like a bomb went off in them and there is zero customer service. Lots of favoritism in this company, the ones who brown nose are promoted and the ones who work their butts off and try their hardest are put on PIP and let go. Moral is not great at all, although there are some great people at this company.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to one up eachother and listen to your employees.

"it only gets worse"

Current Employee - Merchandise Presentation in Burlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Merchandise Presentation in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Burlington Stores full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, health insurance is a little expensive. 401k, plus 4 weeks vacation after 10 years.

Cons

I get no time with my family. All my time is spent at work, and traveling. There are times when i am gone (between work and travel time) 16 hours a day. None of my personal responsibilities are ever considered. Job descriptions change on a moments notice. Lay-offs are often and you are always fearful of losing your job. There are good positions within the company, however mine is not one of them and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. My life has been put on hold for this company and there are few individuals who actually appreciate the hard work.