Burlington Stores - Do not work here, the store is doing very badly in sales and they are so unorganized! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Stores

"Do not work here, the store is doing very badly in sales and they are so unorganized!"

Current Employee - Receiving Associate in Wayne, NJ
Current Employee - Receiving Associate in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are nice.

Cons

They pay is not good and they constantly change up the work schedule (they cut my hours in half this week)

Advice to Management

Get it together!

Other Employee Reviews for Burlington Stores

"Do not waste your time with this company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Newark, DE

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OK I will be nice and say that I enjoy my co-workers and some managers as well...Everyone is really nice for the most part and the job is close to where I live which really helps.

Cons

Unto the negative. The job in all honesty sucks and I'm not some bitter kid writing this review either. I'm not sure how this company even has people that come in and do the job. I guess for the money only, but the pay is so pathetic it's not even worth it. Minimum wage is not a good offer to give to someone with years of experience. It's down right insulting!

No benefits/training and they work you like a dog here...the store is always a mess and you can't leave until everything is put back perfectly. There is not enough help at night and yet the managers will keep you there all night with no regard to your personal life.

I know that it's retail and that you must stay late to help BUT not every night. I have been closing the whole time I've been here despite having open availability. It's not fair and I'm tired of having to clean up after lazy customers who just don't care about merchandise.

Next, the 10% that this company offers is beyond disgraceful. As much work that we have to do and put up with, you can offer a higher discount. Judging from the low wage I was offered, I should have seen that coming.

Mangers constantly calling me on my days off and I mean ALL the time! I don't mind helping when I can but stop harassing me on my days off!

Lastly, I am not too keen on having my bags checked every night I leave that place. I understand that people steal and this is not the first Company to do this but I find it to be degrading and non trusting of your employees, who work so hard to keep YOUR company running.

Advice to Management

Shame on you!! Tom you need to do better and not just show up to a store just to "nit pick" on everything.

"Not so good"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in El Paso, TX

I worked at Burlington Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hours, flexible schedules , opportunity to grow in the company, good training

Cons

bad management comes all the way from corporation to store management

Advice to Management

Talk to your associates, be more efficient.