Cover image for Burlington Stores

Current Employee, less than 1 year

B time isn't fair

Dec 28, 2018 - Sales Floor/Cashier in Youngstown, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the atmosphere..love the flexible schedule..

Cons

b - time isn't fair. I love working there ...but not all the time i have a chance to be on my shift cause of the kids..So if I call off, the points go to me...but if the managers calling me to cover for somebody and I always accept it as much as i can.. why don't I get some points back? how can you redeem yourself?doesn't make no sense...And I work there almost for a year and I've seen at least 15 cashiers left and switched already (if not more) ..but I love working there and should worry about the points ... Then the feedback system from the receipt...why won't u put some sort of sign or something ("please leave us the feedback ..info on the receipt") near the checkout area, cause sometimes people from tthe sales floor help more than the cashier and the cashier only highlights their own name on the receipt...or sometimes it's too many people in line and i just don't feel like holding them too long so i just skip that part...

3 people found this review helpful

Burlington Stores Response

Social Media Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback. We'd like to discuss your suggestions more and encourage you to reach out to a member of your management team and/or HR Business Partner to continue the conversation. We want to make sure that we create a fair and supportive work environment for all our associates as we strive to be a great place to work for all!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Na

Oct 12, 2022 - Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Wor life balance, looking for change

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor place to work

Nov 16, 2022 - Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is 0 standards for work. Anybody could do this job, there is 0 challenges.

Cons

- field leadership is extremely disrespect. I heard the rvp talking extremely poor of multiple people from hourly associates to other regional leaders. -they treat the associates so poorly. The back of house team is on call every single day and they make maybe $11 an hour for a job that isn't super easy. Leadership just yells at them if they aren't moving fast enough. -There is 0 structure to the job at all. The level of leadership is a joke, I came from a different company that let managers run their stores and be leaders. At Burlington they have no say in how to run their stores or manage their business. - My district manager had no idea what she was doing. - When I put my notice in regional HR made me feel bad for it, she was not supportive at all. -There is no teamwork and nobody gets to know each other at a leadership level. -They don't care how the store is merchandised. They only give about 40 hours for a full week to recover and set all of the store, which is impossible to do. - Theft is all they "care" about but they literally do nothing to help reduce theft. - Worst benefits ever. Anytime I had to take my daughter for an appointment they refused to cover any of it. -Worst place I have ever worked, and I've been working for 20 years.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Burlington Stores.

Burlington Stores Photos

+ Add Photo
Burlington Stores photo of: Modern Storefront
Burlington Stores photo of: DC
Burlington Stores photo of: Cashier
Burlington Stores photo of: Receiving
Burlington Stores photo of: Store Associates
Burlington Stores photo of: Store Associates
Burlington Stores photo of: Burlington, NJ Corporate Building and Distribution Center

Burlington Stores Job Seekers Also Viewed