Burlington Stores - Great internship program | Glassdoor

"Great internship program"

Current Intern - Buying Intern in Burlington, NJ
Current Intern - Buying Intern in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Burlington Stores as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic yet nurturing environment for young professionals

Cons

Doesn't appear to be much room for career advancement

Other Employee Reviews for Burlington Stores

"An unorganized MESS, run by incompetent management."

Current Employee - Receiving Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Receiving Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really aren't a lot of perks for working there. The only one I can think of is the 10% employee discount and every 3-4 months we get an "Employee Appreciation Week" where we get 20-25% employee discount.

Cons

They pay minimum wage and expect you do do more than what your job entails. They don't know how to schedule, so you're constantly being asked to come in early or stay later....and if you say no because you have other commitments, you get less hours. The store management DO NOT KNOW HOW TO COMMUNICATE with one another resulting in employee misunderstandings or not being informed about schedule changes. They are so disorganized in their warehouse, not because of the warehouse manager, but because the store managers do not know how to properly run a store as awesome as Burlington Coat Factory COULD be. There is NO ventilation in the warehouse and it is so hot back there that we sweat our whole shift and when we ask if they could turn up the A.C., we are told they don't know how to. Because of managements ability to schedule correctly, they are unable to get the merchandise processed and onto the floor in a timely manner. They pull certain "teams" from their normal position to do other jobs that they are too cheap to hire more people to perform, which results in backlog in the receiving area and merchandise to not be able to go out on the floor and the people who get reprimanded for their incompetence, are the receiving associates.

Advice to Management

This store has so many reasons why it should be doing better than it does. If you treat your employees good, you will end up with loyal employees who are happy to work for your company instead of working there because at least they have a job. If you treated your employees better and paid them better, you wouldn't have such a revolving door of new employees, that would stick around and be loyal to your company. Your store is so big, but you don't have nearly enough employees to provide proper customer service.

"Horrible pay for the work conditions"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros that I could think of would be the connections you make with other employees, and the chance to meet new people.

Cons

Working at BCF is one of the things in my life that I wish I could take back. You get no appreciation when they call you in on your day off, when a customer compliments you to a manager, or even when you stay late to finish a task you were given. They rarely promote from within, thus there's no room for growth in the company unless you start out in corporate. I've been working there for two years, and after expressing my interest in becoming a Supervisor, which I'm trained for, and I also work for my supervisor when he needs a day off, I'm constantly denied. I'm an excellent worker, and my manager says I'm "phenomenal", yet I don't get promoted.

Advice to Management

The management shows no interest in letting an employee grow with the company.