Burlington Stores - Fun Job | Glassdoor

"Fun Job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kalamazoo, MI
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Burlington Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone meets in the morning to say good morning to the rest of the crew and you really get to know your coworkers and it helps you enjoy the work environment. Not stressful at all and you can advance in the company if you work hard. I worked in two different stores. One location was awesome and the other one was a disaster.

Cons

The company makes large payroll cuts and sometimes this hurts the ability for all customers to leave happy. Its a revolving problem because they (like all other retailers) rely on customer feedback to praise the employees but when the numbers come back with mad customers they tell the employees it was their fault.... when really we just never had enough help.

Advice to Management

Make sure your store is clean! And at least let the employees understand that you know part of the problem is payroll cutbacks.

Other Employee Reviews for Burlington Stores

"not the place I would send anyone I liked to work for...."

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Lansing, MI
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Burlington Stores as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

none at this partiular facility exeption some of the hourly people

Cons

no real direction, store manager is a lazy office manager, never out on the floor except before he leaves so he can make a list for someone else to complete, if he likes you you can pretty much do what ever you want but if you have asked questions or have concerns about how things should work or ask for direction and or help you r and issue and will soon find your full time status taken away or schedule hours cut, very inconsistent with the staff, show favortisum with white employees vs minorities.

Advice to Management

need to get this manager to some Diversity training, and get the lawyers tuned up this guy is a walking law suit!

"An unhappy time with a lot of power tripping"

Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY

I worked at Burlington Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved many of my co-workers and supervisors, it had a sort of family dynamic without being too unprofessional

Cons

The hours kept getting shorter because of poor sales

Advice to Management

Do educational and work background checks before hiring people. Many of the managers did not have their high school diplomas or G.E.D and they joked about Burlington never noticing. That was really offensive knowing I am young student working towards my bachelors and being supervised by people who did not meet general education requirements