Burlington Stores - Good store, great prices. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Stores

"Good store, great prices."

Current Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Clairemont, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Clairemont, CA

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great managers, flexible shifts, and friendly environment.

Cons

No opportunity for full time employment, nor advancement.

Advice to Management

Develop a return policy that all employees can live with - including management. Customers should not return worn under garments, swim ware, or used phone devices such as hearing pieces etc. The kinds of germs and the risk of infecting others is increasing every day.

Better opportunity for advancement, and transfers to other Burlington stores.

Other Employee Reviews for Burlington Stores

1. "Worst company to work for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Burlington Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Free layaway, family discounts, repeat customers

Cons

Overworked, Under paid, Unappreciated. A lot of biased people, especially the managers at the Des Moines store. Pay is minimum, they expect all employees to have open availability, even if they have another job or school. Only certain employees would get weekends off, while almost all full-time employees would work every Friday,Saturday and Sunday. If you needed time off you would have to ask 3 weeks in advance. Management doesn't stand up for employees, when it comes to customers belittling them, they will side with customers just to save them from corporate.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees how you want to be treated, especially the ones who work hard. Learn how to talk to new hires. Don't be a corporate puppet!!

2. "Very bad"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time

Pros

I like the amount of hours they give, how big the store is and my co workers in my department.

Cons

I DISLIKE certain managers,, they are unorganized, they are liars to get away with things and they make us do everything within a certain time and they talk to us like if were dogs. Certain associates were "promised" for a full time job by the store manager, he kept making up excuses as to why they didn't get the position. They just tell us what we wAnt to hear. Also the pay is ridiculous for the amount of work we do and for dealing with rude people. I also dislike how people are so disgusting leaving clothes on the floor and leaving all these clothes in the fitting room without even hanging it. We try to clean but its impossible. Not a good place to work at.

Advice to Management

Increase pay, hire better educated management that doesn't sit In the office the whole day, hire more L.P. that won't actually let a thief slide.