Burns & McDonnell - Computer Analyst | Glassdoor

"Computer Analyst"

Former Employee - Computer Analyst in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Computer Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Burns & McDonnell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had great coworkers and worked on an incredible project. The culture was warm and inviting.

Cons

My project was poorly managed. I was misled during the interview process with regards to travel (told 10% of the time ended up being closer to 50%). Pay is lower than industry/local standards.

Other Employee Reviews for Burns & McDonnell

"Solid Company, Always wanting to grow"

Current Employee - Staff Civil Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Civil Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Burns & McDonnell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Started here out of school. Salary was well below average and year end bonus can be a significant amount of total compensation. People here are generally wonderful and many people see themselves here for their entire career due to the ESOP plan. Employee owned so it feels like you have some skin in the game but at times management spends a lot of money on things which the rest of the company may not agree with. Solid job and the sky can be the limit if you put hard work and time into it.

Cons

No major cons really. Small things but every company has them. Honestly it takes time to get used to the compensation package but if you stick it out, it can be rewarding.

"A great company with great people."

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Burns & McDonnell as an intern

Pros

Employee owned with a stock-plan. The team I was on was great to work with and my manager was excellent. Full-time benefits seemed to be very competitive, although as an intern I did not get firsthand experience with any benefits.

Cons

It was difficult at times to get to know other employees outside of the immediate team. During the limited time I was there, there were limited company-organized social opportunities to get to know other employees (however, the location I was at was much smaller than the company headquarters - the headquarters seemed to have a lot going on).