BurrellesLuce - Decent place for sales people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BurrellesLuce

"Decent place for sales people"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

Pros

Great product, respectable company, decent benefits. Do feel at least back then, several years back that the company does cares about employees.

Cons

Sometimes, it's a seniority based instead of merit based recognition.

Advice to Management

Be open to new ideas and new blood. IT's great that so many people choose to work a Burrelles for a long time but it's always good to see what's going on outside.

Other Employee Reviews for BurrellesLuce

"Lots of Unrealized Potential"

Former Employee - Vice President Software Development in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President Software Development in New York, NY

I worked at BurrellesLuce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Trusted name in the industry due to a rich history. So much potential to reshape the brand to be more cutting-edge. Lots of interesting challenges to address from a software systems stand-point.

Cons

Politics in the ownership and distrust of IT causes a disjointed vision for the future and stymies progress.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust IT to help transform the company into a real leader in the digital information and analytics space.

2. "Treast workers like cattle-Livingston NJ"

Former Employee - Research Editor in Livingston, NJ
    Former Employee - Research Editor in Livingston, NJ

I worked at BurrellesLuce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked my co workers and than there was a lot of opportunity to work overtime and earn extra money.

Cons

Low pay and treating workers like they are cattle. For example we were not allowed to take breaks and we came in at 4 am and worked till Noon (sometimes later if needed) Sadly this is perfectly legal as NJ does not require breaks once you turn 18 but you would think as a company you would allow your workers to at east take a break if they are working 8 or more hours. They also expected us to work ALL holidays and to come in during a state of emergency. I was the only worker who showed up during a blizzard and when I called my boss (who demanded we all show up regardless of the weather) to find out why no one was in the building to let me in, he told me he didn't know because he was home but he was furious that everyone (except me of course) had the audacity to stay home during bad weather even though he was going to stay in his nice, warm, cozy home. When I told him I couldn't wait to see if anyone was showing up because the storm was getting worse and my car couldn't handle the bad weather, he started to yell at me. After I went home (which took me only an hour longer than usual and I only almost crashed five times!) he had the nerve to call me and to tell me that someone had showed up so could I go back and work? I said I couldn't, the roads were worse and he yelled at me again and I pretended to lose the call. This is just one example of the bad management that exists there.

Advice to Management

Treat your workers like people. Give them breaks and don't expect them to come in when the weather is so bad that you're staying home.