Business Intelligence Competency Partners - BICP Review | Glassdoor

"BICP Review"

Current Employee - Analytics in Portland, OR

I have been working at Business Intelligence Competency Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with BICP for over a year now but I came to know the weight the BICP name carries shortly after coming on board when a director said to me, "I've worked with a lot of BICP people in the past. When I see a BICP resume come across my desk, I know they're a quality candidate." Compensation and benefits are some of the most competitive I've seen. Transparency into the business is high and communication... with the partners is perfect. Not too on your back like some other firms I've been with and not too hands off. They're really on the ball when it comes close to contract renewal time, I never feel like I have to worry about what my next move is and because of that I can just focus on doing great work.

Cons

BICP's holiday schedule may not align 100% with whichever company you are placed at. That's understandable, though, and their PTO and sick leave are very reasonable.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Business Intelligence Competency Partners2016-12-09

Other Employee Reviews

1. "The Real Deal"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at Business Intelligence Competency Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Strong client relationships built upon a long history of trust - Smart BICP colleagues who drive and deliver - Leadership that are open and fair - Competitive pay depending on experience - Interesting work and projects at large companies - Ability to switch to a FTE role for the client - Compensation is not based on any form of sales commission. Seen as a pro for those that want to roll up their sleeves and... focus on delivering project work

Cons

- Mandatory PTO or unpaid leave for the client's “dim the light” schedules around holidays/etc – this could be a week or more at certain clients - No 401(k) offered in lieu of higher compensation

Advice to Management

Continue hosting internal team events with everyone.

Business Intelligence Competency Partners2019-01-14
  2. "A Departure from Traditional Consulting and Staffing"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Portland, OR

Pros

The biggest thing that BICP does is do away with much of the administrative work and client relationship management from the individual employee allowing said employee to focus on the work and projects at hand. The BICP management has fostered relationships up and down the West Coast meaning there is a variety of different opportunities, all with good chances for conversion to full time opportunities. When you join... BICP you also join their network of current and former employees which stay well-connected and help each other out constantly. Its a great support network for help navigating a new client, career questions, or even just for someone to go get a beer with. The compensation is very good and accounts for the more barebones benefits. Finally, the management is transparent and very agreeable, willing to negotiate and discuss issues that come up and very willing to work hard to get you to work at a client or on a particular project.

Cons

PTO is earned on a pro-rated basis, but unpaid leave is not limited (but subject to client approval). Other benefits like 401k (none) and insurance are barebones with the tradeoff of a very competitive base salary and bonuses. I would stress that despite cons, total compensation is still very good (in my opinion).

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on and maybe throw in some more networking events.

Business Intelligence Competency Partners2019-01-14

Discover more reviews about Business Intelligence Competency Partners.