Butterfly Effects - Great job | Glassdoor

"Great job"

Former Employee - ABA Academic Tutor in Warner Robins, GA
Former Employee - ABA Academic Tutor in Warner Robins, GA

I worked at Butterfly Effects part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and great co-workers

Cons

No definied path for career growth

Other Employee Reviews for Butterfly Effects

"Overall a great opportunity to learn and grow as a behavior analyst"

Former Employee - Behavior Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Behavior Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at Butterfly Effects part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to manage your own schedule
    Great clients
    Lots of available resources (materials)
    Opportunity to travel

Cons

Sometimes not many clients are available to obtain a full caseload
    Not much support from seniors

"Ups and downs"

Former Employee - Office in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Office in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at Butterfly Effects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great boss, she was great. Knowledgeable, caring, understanding, a really good person.
    Great CFO never have I ever worked at a place that the CFO was so hands on. When my boss was out on emergency leave he spent time working with each of us when she was not around. He helped bill and Work through accounts in the weekend.
    My boss and the CFO made a great team, really wants the best for the employees. They are the reason I stayed around.
    Other great leaders the lower HR leaders are always available and try to help.
    Good place to work, the office has expanded and remains clean with plenty of supplies and equipment to help employees.
    Fun events I’ve attended the walks and orientation events and everything is fun. Meeting the outside employee that’s working with kids is always nice. In office events are fun and allows us to get away from the daily routine.
    Great cause to work for the jobs we due help many families

Cons

HR is a mess I watched 4 directors come in and out in my short time there. They don’t listen, they watch as things get heated and then say they will work on the issue. Many times has I complained about my supervision not helping or doing less work then the rest of us and all I got was we will speak with her. They watch as arguments occur and the supervisor does nothing to control it but calls the entire office in to review policy, just talk to the person causing th problem and the person not handling it don’t waste everyone’s time. They treat each department different no one is held to the same rules. Some people have the dress code pushed and others wear what they want. Some people get into trouble for being late but others do not. It can be seen as favorites. We watched as ONE employee watching movies on her computer and phone. Did she get into touble nope everyone got a email from the president that phones needed to be locked into a drawer. Why not address it with that person, no make the entire office suffer. We complained that our work load was too much because we all worked multiple insurance and the supervisor worked one but always said she was too busy to help. But HR does nothing so the office looses people. Why keep bad employees you can see not doing a job. Sit on your phone, ignore your employeees, come in latex, take a long lunch and leave early every day, complain that the company is a joke and you are over worked but we see you doing nothing. I want to be a supervisor it seems like it’s easy. But Hr sits back and watches as everyone leaves because they don’t have support from their supervisor at least the manager is there. Without her I’d hate to see where you guys end up. I’ve heard what you had in the past and it was a mess, why continue to repeat the bad things.
    My poor boss has a large team who respects and loves her, but the supervisor has made things a mess. She took the credit for a employee Work and told everybody we learnt our jobs from her. She continues to pile on work to others and won’t take on extra work. When I left we asked who take on my work kid and she laughed and sakd it wasn’t her problem. When my boss forced her to take additional work she mumbled that it wasn’t her job and she do a little. We offered to come in early to help work through stuff and she promised to be there early to open the office but canme in late leaving Us to sit in the lot and wait for her. When we asked what happened she says she forgot, her time is valuable or it’s not her responsibility. It got to the point where we would ask our manager if she would be in early to make sure we would not be left outside even though the supervisor agreed to be in early. My manager was in before everyone and left after everyone on a daily basis, brought in breakfast, candy, snacks lunch, came in on weekends to make sure we had the support. The supervisor would laugh and make comments that it’s why she makes the money to run her self into the ground she would say she’s more valuable then that and had a kid so she doesn’t work early, late or weekends. The employees wanted to get something for the boss when she was out sick the supervisor wouldn’t help out or get information to send the package too she just said she wouldn’t appreciate it, but on her birthday she required a fancy expensive cake that our boss bought not the company our boss paid for out of her own money and the supervisor refused to share it with other people and took most of it home. She worked one insurance company the entire time what help is that to the entire team, if someone would approach her with a question she say she was working on a project for the cfo we would question why she
    Would be watching videos on he computer so she got a screen so we can’t wTch her. We can see who does the work, her name is on little notes and stuff but she states she works nights and weekend, it’s a lie she’s not fooling anyone. When asked about attending events for Work she said it wasn’t worth her time, how can someone follow that as a boss? It looks bad, she talks bad about the boss and cfo but refuses to do anything. I was so upset with everything I made a decision to leave. A company I enjoyed so much was changed so much by one person. I stayed hoping things would get better but it kept getting bad, arguments in front of her when some one would say something about it she would
    Say I wasn’t paying attention or I was listening to music, what supervisor listens to music? We are told to
    Keep our phones away she walks around with hers in her hand and her earphones in talking on the phone like she’s above the rules. When some one asks her she says I’m a mom I need it. Most of us are parents and need our phones but still listen to the rules. Why is she special? It makes. Lot people mad.
    The president is not approachable I’m sure she has no idea who I am or that I even left. She sits in her monthly meetings to the company and talks about her ability to change the culture, but continues to allow Hr to ignore the issues. What kind of president only speaks to office staff when there’s something going on. At least the CFO comes out and talks with employees.
    Pay is a little low for the work load. I suggest you remove the supervisor and pay other employee more they would be happier and the work would actually get done.
    The benefits are not good anyone who has a family will pay way much for bad insurance and have little PTO to cover if they want to take off.

Advice to Management

Let go of the bad people. Pay attention to the people who work. Get an Hr boss that will listen to the employees. Focus on office, we may be a small part of the employees but we matter just as much as the employees seeing our patients. Don’t allow the supervisor to continue to push employees out when people complain listen and take action don’t listen and say you will handle it because we don’t trust you. If you promote work life balance and culture show it don’t allow the bad employees to continue to ruin a company I love. There is room to grow, and the company is a good one if you make some changes. Bring in better talent, get rid of bad talent and pay for the experience.get better insurance and give more PTO, allow for scrubs or jeans in the office instead of business. Little things go a long way. If one person is a problem deal with that don’t bring the entire office into it. Hold people accountable for their jobs and don’t allow things to get to far before it explodes.
    Everywhere has ups and downs but in the last year more downs are scene. The owner and leaders should take a long look at why people leave an fix it