C Space - Always challenged, at times over worked but enjoying the ride of being part of a growing organization | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for C Space

"Always challenged, at times over worked but enjoying the ride of being part of a growing organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Communispace is filled with smart, fun, passionate people. The leaders of the organization have a true willingness to change and improve the employee experience, most company's do not have the courage to make promises to employee's Communispace does. Communispace is growing globally, that is huge reason to work here, not all organizations are growing right now.

Cons

With the amount of work and pace of the work you always have to be on the top of your game, I mean every second. Being more tenured in my career I think it is great for leadership to make promises of improvement but honestly think some of the employees here need to take themselves off their golden pedastals, Communispace is a for profit business.

Advice to Management

As others have said the ability to empower employees to say No every now and then would go a long way but I also think TOP leadership also has to say no to employees, you allow a little too much complaining, this is an exciting time to be part of Communispace.

Sr. leadership should not be involved in the small stuff, trust your employee's and allow them to make mistakes that is how we grow. We are not a start-up anymore mgt needs to recognize and accept this.

Other Employee Reviews for C Space

"I am so impressed with this company - I don't see myself ever wanting to leave!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

I don't mind getting up and going to work anymore. Having come from a large global market research company, the culture at Communispace continues to amazing me every single day. The work does seem daunting at times, but those who claim that there is no work/life balance either don't understand the nature of client service or don't prioritize efficiently. Senior management is understanding when you need time off, and the work environment is relaxed and fun, but what do you expect when everyone is intelligent and hardworking?

The access to the CEO and management is astounding. There are no offices at Communispace, even the CEO sits at a desk with the rest of us! The building, the office, and area of Boston we work in are all beautiful. Also, I think they have improved the benefits package over the last year, because its better than my previous package at my old job.

I can't say enough good things about Communispace, the people who work there, or the work we do. I can't fathom how there are any less-than-glowing reviews on here!

Cons

Some people have an overwhelming amount of work, but its doable and management is doing everything they can to assure that employees have the personal time they need.

Advice to Management

None :)

"Outstanding. Don't listen to the complainers."

Current Employee - Community Manager in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Watertown, MA

Pros

I really resent the three reviews on here that essentially bash Communispace. All three people clearly worked in client service. But all clearly should NOT work in client service, whether at Communispace or any other marketing firm. Client service IS, by nature, demanding--and that is one of the realities of this business.

It's a company of high expectations, and there really is no sugar coating. We have the ice cream socials and company lunches to brighten people's days--not to hide behind a veil of care bears. My bosses readily acknowledge it's tough work, but unless you're a whiner, you can really take advantage of a culture full of smart, fun people.

If you are not passionate and do not want to go the extra mile, don't work here. We love what we do.

Also, about work/life balance: Many of us have been able to achieve that. It's hard, but if you are truly smart and know how to maximize efficiencies, you can fit your workload into 8-9 hour work days. Communispace doesn't want average people; the company really wants the coolest, smartest, and most passionate people alive.

AWESOME:
    *Transparency
    *Team-oriented but autonomous
    *Creative but strategic
    *Innovative/cutting-edge research (the new wave of market research)

Cons

Long hours (but that's just the nature of client service, people!)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, Diane, Gary, and Siobhan. You listen to employees, recognize strong employees, and actually take your culture committee seriously. For goodness' sake, the CEO came to a meeting and listened to employee grievances. What more do you want from a team of executives?