C&S Wholesale Grocers - Harsh and tough work environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for C&S Wholesale Grocers

"Harsh and tough work environment"

I have been working at C&S Wholesale Grocers full-time

Pros

Nice people work there and their hard workers.

Cons

Not sure if I have enough experience.

Other Employee Reviews for C&S Wholesale Grocers

1. "long time employee"

Current Employee - Transportation Supervisor in Keene, NH
    Current Employee - Transportation Supervisor in Keene, NH

I have been working at C&S Wholesale Grocers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

C&S has grown considerably since I first started with them and many of the long time employees have seen their careers progress substantially over the years. I think their benefits package is comparable to those in most large companies.

Cons

If you have issues working longer hours this may not be the best match for you.

"Your just a number and expendable"

Former Employee - Receiving Worker in Lancaster, NY
    Former Employee - Receiving Worker in Lancaster, NY

I worked at C&S Wholesale Grocers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not much... Hiring stsndards for at least non management positions are pretty low. As long as your not a felon and can pass a prelim drug test your pretty much in. Obviously you have to be able to get thru a easy interview as well.

Cons

long hours.. expected to work until the work is done at certain times of year. terrible health benefits for hourly non union employees. was upmto 150.00 per week for family plan when I left. supervisiors seem to be a revolving door. you always have a new boss or floor manager that comes in eager to change the operation for the better but gets worn down and goes back to the ways things have always been done. outdated and broken equipment. ceo rick choen is never seen ever but sends company shareholder videos to make you feel warm and fuzzy about the company... stupid c&s cheer you have to do pre shift lol

Advice to Management

stick to one gameplan. too many cooks in the kitchen. do we really need 5 supervisors / managers on one shift? take care of your emlpoyees better. the company always has another"bad year" but yet your doors are always open the next year.rising health care costs shouldnt be stuck to the individual exclusively. more rigorous hiring process. get people that actually want to be there. better attitude in the workplace, was always so doom and gloom there...