C3 Consulting - Good growing company with some hidden deficiencies | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for C3 Consulting

"Good growing company with some hidden deficiencies"

Former Employee - Consultant in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at C3 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great compensation and benefits, positive team culture, flexibility to use own management style and methodology, low consultant rates and proven performance for clients

Cons

Company may be growing faster than management can handle, project leadership tends to ignore project scope, politics in motion, mentorship program lacking

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics

Other Employee Reviews for C3 Consulting

"One of many consultants"

I worked at C3 Consulting full-time

Pros

Great culture. Great people overall.

Cons

Don't overhire, then lie to people weekly telling them the "bench" is expected and enjoy it. Then layoff. Live up to your core values and that would do it --- but you didn't do that in this case.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.

"c3 is an Excellent Firm"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at C3 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having worked at a Big 4 firm and a boutique McKinsey firm spin-off, I can verify that the quality of c3's work products is truly top quality. Moreover, the people I have the opportunity to work and collaborate with are not only bright but also kind, principled, and fun. Our clients appreciate the value that we bring to the table – asking incisive questions, providing strategic guidance, and executing complex projects in the midst of changing economic and regulatory environments. c3 is a high-growth, dynamic, and community-minded firm. I’m never bored. I’ve also been given the opportunity to learn, develop, and apply my prior experience to helping our firm grow. Leadership is authentic, genuinely caring, and accessible. Beth Chase (founder and CEO) is one of a kind, and the other members of the leadership team are as well. I highly respect them and feel very fortunate to work at a firm where there’s such a bright future ahead.
    Although I’m clearly biased in my assessment of c3, our clients are not. Yesterday, at the culmination of a high-priority and high-visibility project for our client, a member of the c-suite stated, “I cannot thank you enough! Your [team’s] hard work and dedication made this initiative a resounding success. We could not have done this without you.” The ultimate compliment is that they have hired us to do additional work on new projects.

Cons

Like any high-growth, entrepreneurial business, c3 is constantly changing and evolving. This is a good thing! It helps enable us to quickly respond to client and market needs, and it’s one of the reasons we’ve been so successful. That said, some of the consultants who have been with the firm for awhile seem to be having a more difficult time coping with the changes that naturally occur when a company grows. Yes, travel is becoming more common (although still MUCH lighter than at most consulting firms). Yes, the expectations for delivering excellent results to clients are probably higher than they ever have been. Yes, there are quite a few new faces. However, these are all part of being in a growing firm that does complex work for Fortune 100 and private equity backed businesses. This is truly a great place to work. Sure, it’s not perfect, but no firm is. We have something that’s special and should not be taken for granted.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! Growth can be exciting but also challenging at times. We respect and appreciate firm leadership, and thank you for listening and taking action on opportunities for improvement. Assisting those who are having a harder time coping with change would be smart. Thank you for the opportunity to work with such a great group of people delivering top-quality results to clients.