C3 IoT - Product strategy and marketing | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for C3 IoT

"Product strategy and marketing"

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A highly talented team at the level of your day to day work, and an unusually experienced and respected team of leadership, who know their way around Silicon Valley, startups, and how to run a company like this for the long term. It's rare to find the level of long-range thinking, security, yet good risk appetite in such a young company, and especially in an industry like this.

Cons

Many, many product and customer initiatives going on at once, but relatively par for the course. What you end up doing may be very different from what you thought you would come in doing.

Other Employee Reviews for C3 IoT

1. "C3 is an exceptional career opportunity"

Former Employee - Vice President in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Redwood City, CA

I worked at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at C3 is a unique opportunity that I'd recommend for anyone who gets the chance:

- Tackling an enormous market (economic) opportunity as well as important global problem;

- Exceptionally senior management team, with access to the necessary resources (expertise, contacts, $) to successfully deliver on the opportunity;

- A strong team across the organization, hard working but also good at having fun;

- An opportunity to work with and learn from Tom Siebel, a legend in the enterprise software world.

In addition, while compensation packages at hiring are decent, strong performance is quickly recognized in terms of both increased responsibility and much increased compensation.

And yes, I am no longer at C3, but I left for non-C3 reasons and would be happy to come back if my situation changes. Net net, I very much enjoyed the work, loved the team, and would recommend the company highly.

Cons

Failure is not an option, and everyone is expected to consistently perform at an "A" level. If you aren't up for that challenge, this probably won't be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Working remotely and still contributing at a high level is very achievable nowadays using cost-effective cloud tools such as hangouts/gotomeeting/hipchat/box etc - I'd encourage exploring those options beyond just the sales & field services organizations.

"I think a lot of these positive reviews are fake"

Former Employee - Vice President in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in San Mateo, CA

I worked at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is always the possibility the company will somehow get sold.
    There are a lot of very smart people there, although the culture ... well let's put that in the negatives.
    Some of the Board members are interesting people.

Cons

Numerous.
    The company's strategy shifts with the wind.
    Every executive position is a revolving door - there have been numerous heads of sales, marketing, product management, engineering, and even CEOs in the company's short history.
    The current, very famous, CEO is very difficult to work with. He is insulting, insensitive, and really does not care about you at all.
    The many changes in the company strategy, the CEO's overselling, and the CEO's underinvesting in product development make a positive outcome for the company very unlikely.
    The CEO often talked about how he could hire people from Mechanical Turk or Guru to enter data for a very low cost - given the enormous number of people who quit, were fired, or who are still there but extremely unhappy, I can't see any way the company reviews here could be real.

Advice to Management

There's no point in offering advice to someone who won't every take it.