C3 IoT - Every minute is exciting. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for C3 IoT

"Every minute is exciting."

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Technically challenging, meaningful work. Incredibly bright, motivated, and collaborative team of people. The opportunity to work on projects that offer great social and environmental benefit. Highly experienced and successful management team.

Cons

Not the best place unless to like to work hard in collaborative groups to tackle difficult technical problems. Need to be able to interact productively in a team environment with highly qualified, motivated personnel.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on 100% customer satisfaction and excellence in execution.

Other Employee Reviews for C3 IoT

1. "Product strategy and marketing"

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A highly talented team at the level of your day to day work, and an unusually experienced and respected team of leadership, who know their way around Silicon Valley, startups, and how to run a company like this for the long term. It's rare to find the level of long-range thinking, security, yet good risk appetite in such a young company, and especially in an industry like this.

Cons

Many, many product and customer initiatives going on at once, but relatively par for the course. What you end up doing may be very different from what you thought you would come in doing.

2. "C3 is an exceptional career opportunity"

Former Employee - Vice President in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Redwood City, CA

I worked at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at C3 is a unique opportunity that I'd recommend for anyone who gets the chance:

- Tackling an enormous market (economic) opportunity as well as important global problem;

- Exceptionally senior management team, with access to the necessary resources (expertise, contacts, $) to successfully deliver on the opportunity;

- A strong team across the organization, hard working but also good at having fun;

- An opportunity to work with and learn from Tom Siebel, a legend in the enterprise software world.

In addition, while compensation packages at hiring are decent, strong performance is quickly recognized in terms of both increased responsibility and much increased compensation.

And yes, I am no longer at C3, but I left for non-C3 reasons and would be happy to come back if my situation changes. Net net, I very much enjoyed the work, loved the team, and would recommend the company highly.

Cons

Failure is not an option, and everyone is expected to consistently perform at an "A" level. If you aren't up for that challenge, this probably won't be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Working remotely and still contributing at a high level is very achievable nowadays using cost-effective cloud tools such as hangouts/gotomeeting/hipchat/box etc - I'd encourage exploring those options beyond just the sales & field services organizations.