CA Prison Health Care - Politics and incompetent people galore! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CA Prison Health Care

"Politics and incompetent people galore!"

Current Employee - Staff Services Analyst in Elk Grove, CA
Current Employee - Staff Services Analyst in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at CA Prison Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is interesting and fun - I love the busy environment and how you can do so much. Union has your back so you are safe and taken care of.

Cons

Politics - everyone is super petty. Don't you dare ask anyone to do their job - they'll cut you down. I asked a coworker to help me find one of her cases and she made my life hell. Not to mention most people are incompetent. Your coworkers and bosses will mostly be in their 50's or 60's, and no matter how many times you explain it, do not understand what a URL is or what "double-click" means on a computer. I thought it was just my office, but I've been in several now and it's all hell. You will end up doing EVERYONE's job, and no promotion or anything, because they are trying to save money and when they do layoffs you are the FIRST to go because they rely entirely on seniority, not on who can actually do their job. This is a perfect job if you are worthless and can't do any work anyways - you'll fit right in. But if you actually work hard and are intelligent - RUN!

Advice to Management

Work smarter, not harder. Layoffs should not be based on seniority, but people who do their work. So fire the people who suck, and promote the employees who actually give their all. Honestly this would be a great job if you got decent employees.

Other Employee Reviews for CA Prison Health Care

1. "LVn"

Former Employee - LVN in Corcoran, CA
    Former Employee - LVN in Corcoran, CA

Pros

If you are contract, your hours are flexible and to can take time off whenever you like. The pay is very good and the nurses there are easy to work with. If you cannot handle stress don't try it. I worked contract prisons for ten years and I loved it.

Cons

Sometimes you are not prepared for the workload and that can be difficult but if you are an experienced nurse you can handle anything.

"UNBELIEVABLE"

Current Contractor - Nurse in Lancaster, CA
    Current Contractor - Nurse in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at CA Prison Health Care as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It's a paycheck benefits for state employees are good, good position for drucken criminals, referring to custody!! Horrible horrible horrible horrible corrupted place

Cons

Nurses it's not worth the paycheck trust me and all the comments before this one .. Please get a real job not considered a job really.. It's a very evil place that attract a bunch of weirdos and crap.. I cannot start to explain half the crap that's done in this place protect your licenses and stay away.

Advice to Management

😏😏😏😏