CACI International - waste of time | Glassdoor

"waste of time"

Former Contractor - Background Investigator I in New York, NY
Former Contractor - Background Investigator I in New York, NY

I worked at CACI International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

reimbursed for mileage, tolls, parking and metered parking.

Cons

the pay is not worth what it is you do on a day to day basis. no overtime. clocking in over 100+ hrs and only getting paid for 80 is absurd.

Advice to Management

more security for your contract employees. have a backbone when you contract out especially with the government, they came to you for help stop looking at the $ and actually help out those you hire.

Other Employee Reviews for CACI International

"Bait and Switch"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, but not spectacular; depending on work group schedule can be flexible

Cons

Total bait and switch tactics. I was sold on the position as "remote office/home office" at least a few days a week. The second week I worked there, my manager informed us that no one was to bill any time from home office starting immediately. When I asked about my terms of employment she played dumb...then thinking back on my conversations they were all over the phone...no paper trail as to what was promised. That's a really cheap tactic to use when it comes to employment. Beware of your negotiations in the beginning and ask for EVERYTHING in writing.

Advice to Management

Don't let rouge managers promise the world to new hires. It will ultimately result in ill feelings by those new hires.

"Always be on the lookout for a different opportunity."

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits. The medical is really good. You get access to online training and books 24/7.com. If you're looking to move around or get a job which pays per diem, this is an excellent opportunity. Great opportunity for entry level without roots or for empty nesters who can work in another city during the week then come home on the weekends. If you're willing to move or travel, this is really the company for you.

Cons

Unless you live near a big city or military base it's tough to find a different position within the company. You generally don't have the option to "get benched" either you're on a contract or you're out... there's no 2 weeks to find something else either; you're working until the end. While it may say that travel is 25%, expect more. The paperwork is overwhelming if you're farmed out on a contract vs. an office employee. Doesn't automatically provide you with a computer or internet access; you may be using your own phone/computer/internet/supplies even if your contract says it's furnished. Check that your taxes are being paid to your state or you'll end up with a huge bill at the end of the year.

Advice to Management

Be honest to your employees. Show them the Statement of Work. Let them know when the contract will be up. Let them know when they've been shifted to a different position even if its just "on the books" or "for billing purposes".