CACI International - Great company, but recent ups and downs | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CACI International

"Great company, but recent ups and downs"

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CACI is a well respected Defense Contractor and with many projects where you can grow and expand your career. I've been here for over 5 years and everyone, from junior analysts to senior management has been great. They offer competitive starting salaries and some projects do recognize individual efforts with bonuses. They have above average tuituion reimbursement and benefit options. They have really beefed up their internal training programs and learning opportunities for both technical and management career tracks. Most people work reasonable hours, have flexible schedules, and are able to work remotely (all project dependent).

Cons

CACI has recently implemented several cost cutting measures. There is a pay freeze, tweaks in 401k contributions, benefit (health/dental/etc) costs increasingly being passed to the employee, and previous office perks like free coffee are gone. Raises are often low and promotions do not always come with a noticable pay increase. They like to bring in outside talent rather than promoting from within, a practice they claim to be trying to change, yet continue to do frequently. You are evaluated you on your specific tasks and accomplishments, but your merit increase is based on averages of the whole company.

Advice to Management

Strive to reward top talent and key performers. Continue to improve avenues of career development within the company to avoid employees being forced to seek external opportunities for growth. Turnover is more expensive and retaining good employees.

Other Employee Reviews for CACI International

1. "CACI"

Pros

Excellent work environment; very supportive of career advancement; surrounded by great people who work hard and committed to doing great work

Cons

Compensation package light compared to other big government contractors; no bonuses except for senior management (SVPs) and above

2. "I worked at CACI International for about 4 years."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at CACI International as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Despite working at CACI for years, my interactions with CACI personnel were very minimal. I worked on-site at a DoD base and the mentality from my CACI management was basically if the client is happy then they're happy. I liked this kind of allowance to let me work and be successful without interference.

Cons

It's government work, so tons of paperwork and formalities.