CACI International - Good company - going through challenges that they may not overcome | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CACI International

"Good company - going through challenges that they may not overcome"

Current Employee - Various
Current Employee - Various

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CACI has been a great company to work for, provided me constant growth over my 8+ and running years. They have good people (at many level). They are customer mission focused, which has been good for the past

Cons

Company is currently (on-going for almost a year) going through a difficult time with the customer budget cuts. 3 major reorganizations/downsizings in the past year and probably more to come. Constant downward pressure on indirect/investment in the business. Senior leadership seems to say the right things (invest in the company, develop solutions, move to where the market is going) but the actions don't seem to align. Concerned that the company is't going to be viable 3-4 years from now.

Advice to Management

Becoming a solutions company suggests you have to invest in developing those solutions (the customer is no longer willing to pay for everything being developed on their dollar). Innovation isn't something that you invest in with a belief of guaranteed ROI in 3 months - it is a strategic move you have to be committed to.

Other Employee Reviews for CACI International

"Corporate monotony"

Current Employee - GIS Technician
    Current Employee - GIS Technician

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

The health benefits are good; at least in my office/building the people I work with are a great group, and our schedules are very flexible.

Cons

The work is monotonous, and it's next to impossible to get a stand-up desk unless you have a health reason, even though it could help with production/employee satisfaction. The "culture" of the company seems to consist entirely of buzz-words and emails promoting one of the higher-ups and all his supposed achievements.

2. "Dominant Government Contracting Agency"

Former Contractor - Network Engineer, Lead
    Former Contractor - Network Engineer, Lead

I worked at CACI International as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

This company roles with force and gets winning contracts seeming effortlessly. The company is willing to move it's people around for work/contracts and you can have a position if you are willing to move every few years. There is also a good chance that your initial contract will be funded for numerous years as well. The company seems to believe in training employees as well. When the going is good then it is good.

Cons

Treats employees like herded cattle with little to no foresight on the future plans unless you are in the management groups. We had a direct regional manager come to our location and tell us in person that our jobs were safe and the very next week people were laid off due to the government sequestration which was one our biggest concerns that prompted the regional director to come talk to us. When money is lost on a contract then things are rough.

Advice to Management

Overall I didn't think CACI was a bad company but it didn't seem personable at all. Try to change the feeling from a typical contracting company environment to a more personal feel. I'm sure that the headquarters and branch offices have that type of feel but if you are a contractor at a customer location then the feeling is not the same.