CACI International - Staff Cuts Hurting Client and Corporate Mission | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CACI International

"Staff Cuts Hurting Client and Corporate Mission"

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay Check, Keep Security Clearance

Cons

Lack of corporate focus, disconnection between management and employes, massive company layoffs with no clear plan regarding growing business and maintaining client satisfaction.,

Advice to Management

CACI used to be a recognized leader in providing skilled and competent analysts to meet client needs. However, a focus on quarterly numbers has led to a gutted workforce and management that is now unable to sustain current and win new business.

Other Employee Reviews for CACI International

"It's a job"

Current Contractor - Production Clerk/Document Management Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I feel like the health insurance and dental benefits were pretty good. I was able to select a really low-cost health insurance plan that fit my limited needs and then also a really comprehensive dental plan, that still was not very expensive, and fit my needs there. Pay was low to start, but I was able to get an increase (granted, those are tough to come by) which put me above market.

Cons

Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time. There's 13 days leave a year, but nothing additional for sick days, snow days, or days like Black Friday or Christmas Eve that are really holidays but you don't get off. You're a temp for the first 90 days (or more) with no benefits and no vacation time accumulation. You only start off with one day of leave and you accumulate 1/2 a day per period, but somehow it runs 2 weeks behind. So it takes a really long time to accumulate a sizable amount of leave, especially with sick days/snow days eating into it. Management really does not value employees much, it's more like literally being a line of a balance sheet, and can be draconian. Not much room for advancement, really.

"Disheartening"

Current Employee - Executive Management in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Executive Management in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CACI used to be a well-regarded company. I like the people I work with, who try very hard to do the right thing and maintain a positive attitude despite the workload, cutbacks, and expectations that are not based in reasonable accounting for hours and efforts.

Cons

CACI used to have the feel of a small company where everyone knows your name, even as it moved past $3B and had the heft to swing against the larger competition. Leadership of the past 12-18 months has changed that. While they've shifted resources to make some sorely needed fixes to the IT infrastructure and a few other areas, the overall tone is one that doesn't foster teamwork, trust, or the venerable CACI values. The company has gone through at least three major reorganizations with hundreds of personnel let go. In a down-turning market, some of that is to be expected, however it was managed so poorly as to have damaged on-going operations and relationships with our customers. Senior leadership is so focused on the quarterly numbers they've ceased actually leading.

Advice to Management

Communication is poor, starting at the top. There is a difference between a goal and an actual strategy. Numbers alone don't equal either one. I no longer refer friends and colleagues to CACI, as they would have little job security, benefit from no downward loyalty, and have few real opportunities for advancement, official pronouncements regardless. The "climate survey" was laughable, with options that ranged from "fine" to "great", but no room for real feedback.