CACI International - Honesty, Integrity, Values | Glassdoor

"Honesty, Integrity, Values"

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you work hard, perform at your best, and always work for the best interest of your Customer and their needs, then this is the company for you. Been with the company for quite a few years, and they've always treated me excellent. Never had a "boss", or at least didn't feel that way about any of them, they have always been professional and respected input and listened to suggestions. More of a collaborative Team effort to get the best done for the customer; Seniors listen, and that's important. Very good educational and computer based training options. This company has always been as loyal to me, as I have been to them. Offered me great opportunities, and always valued my opinion and service. Jack London specifically, is a great and personable man of the utmost integrity, I rather miss his style and presence. Current CEO is IMO is just as honorable and forthright.

Cons

Benefits about the same as other contractors in area, good in some areas, weak in others. Bonus are rarely given out, but it depends upon the contracts you're working on. The BD folks and capture managers will try to suck you dry for knowledge to win a contract, and when you win, you never see any of that money in bonuses, yet they expect you drop everything to win a contract and help. When you win a contract and it was your insight and knowledge that was primarily responsible for the win... you SHOULD be compensated or rewarded for that. That is my biggest and only complaint!

Advice to Management

Compensate or Reward those who are responsible for Contract Wins. The BD and Capture Managers are not the ones who win these. While they certainly deserve something, they didn't do it alone, and those folks should be thankful for the input and insights provided for the proposal by those who know the customer and the organization. I hate participating in the evolution because all they are to me is *extra* work and usually after hours, which takes me away from my primary customer without anything other than a "thank you" and lip service by the capture managers.

Other Employee Reviews for CACI International

"Going Nowhere"

Current Employee - Task Supervisor I
    Current Employee - Task Supervisor I

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

Best part of this company is that you get plenty of time off, freedom in setting and adjusting your schedule, and management is reluctant to fire anyone, instead they work hard to try to make you successful at your position. Also, health benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Opportunity for advancement is nonexistent. Pay is pathetic. At least in our division, the work is mind-numbingly boring (I've heard it referred to as a GIS sweatshop by an outsider familiar with our work). Tasks are so specific that you aren't able to receive training beyond your immediate role, making you only qualified for the job you have which is not transferrable to almost any other company.

Advice to Management

The nature of the work is changing and our current setup is unsustainable, completely revamp the GIS division making it smaller and able to accomplish more diverse tasks across the GIS realm. Nothing short of a complete overhaul will solve the problems.

"For the most part I've liked my co-workers and managers and learned a decent amount."

Pros

I've liked most of my managers and supervisors and met a huge variety of interesting, nice friendly people. I've learned a lot and the vacation time and holidays are pretty good. The benefits are decent, not the best and not the worst.

Cons

The cons are the layoffs when a project ends and the constant insecurity of not knowing when a layoff is coming and then having to scramble around and apply for a new job. Also they seem to promote people who project a good image and do well in interviews rather than the quiet, hardworking, detail oriented employees who do good work.