CAKE Corporation - After two years at Leapset I have seen this company grow from 40 to 200 people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CAKE Corporation

"After two years at Leapset I have seen this company grow from 40 to 200 people"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CAKE Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great visionary product. Leapset will turn the restaurant industry upside down.
- Awesome people. I feel like I have a second family.
- Transparent leadership. Everyone is made aware of what is going on, good and bad, there is no politics here.
- True meritocracy. High performers are rewarded openly. Low performers are weaned out. I actually think this is a good thing because it keeps the team motivated.
- Great opportunity. I have learned more in the last two years than my whole professional life.

Cons

- I am in sales and this is a high pressure job. We have serious targets and selling to independent restaurants is hard.
- Somewhat lack of training. My perspective is just within sales. I feel like this is getting better though.

Advice to Management

Spend more time on training material and continuous improvement. Other than that keep up the wonderful culture you have built at Leapset.

Other Employee Reviews for CAKE Corporation

""The only thing constant is change.""

Former Employee - Sales in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Redwood City, CA

I worked at CAKE Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great concept. Great people. Pretty business cards and marketing material.

Cons

Unorganized. Took too long to get materials needed for proper presentation to clients. Upper management is at a loss of true pulse on the street, does not motivate, or provide true ways to sell better. Lacks real training. Sink or swim. Most will sink. I believe the company's Future is dim. Unfortunately, it's a Start-up that needs to stop (now).

Advice to Management

Needs better training. Understand Real ramp up time is necessary for this long sales cycle. Management doesn't comprehend this. Requires Enhancements to product before salespeople peddle it.

2. "Great Company, Great Morale"

I have been working at CAKE Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is much room for advancement and recognition. Great supervisors who truly listen and take feedback from all avenues.

Cons

As many other reviews have stated, in a start up atmosphere, communication can get lost in the frenzy of improvement.