CAMC Health - I have been at CAMC for a very long time and plan to work there until I retire. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CAMC Health

"I have been at CAMC for a very long time and plan to work there until I retire."

Pros

Great place to work - diversity - comrodery - location - educational - loyality The devoation to patient care is excellent.

Cons

Need to continue to look at a better health care plan.

Other Employee Reviews for CAMC Health

1. "so-so"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Large recognized hospital, gaining valuable experience

Cons

compensation, recognition, poor team work

Advice to Management

none

"Its not great, but not all bad, I guess"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Charleston, WV
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Charleston, WV

I worked at CAMC Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent training, they keep you certified and provide regular training. My unit was some what new, it was kept well stocked and the equipment was in good working order. I was put on nights but I regularly got 5-7 days off in a row (I had to work 5 or 6 in a row to get that)

Cons

They are cheap, penny pinchers. They give you 4 hours over time, then turn right around and send you home 4 hours early tommorrow to eliminate your OT. I think the managers get bonused on eliminating overtime so they prevent you from having it at all costs. Yet they will hire 5 travelers and pay them 45-55 an hour all day long. My unit was 50% travelers probably.
    They used shift differentials as an incentive to work nights. Most new employees start on nights. So you basically make 5 more dollars to work nights, but its screwed up necause it can take a couple years to get the senority for a day shift spot, but you end up going back to new hire salary because the shift differial is gone.