CAN Capital - Perception is Reality | Glassdoor

"Perception is Reality"

Former Employee - Asset Management in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Asset Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CAN Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very relaxed work enviroment and very direct with the job-description and what you actually do.

Cons

Upper-management will never admit that they could be wrong- a friend of mine was fired for "sitting in the break room for three house reading" despite the fact that there was proof given to upper-management showing that he was at his desk. Although my manager did try to fight for him to keep his job ultimately upper-management had the last say.
Training was less than ideal- I started in their new Salt Lake City office, my manager had minimal knowledge as to how to do my job as he came from a different department. The only training I received was via screen share with their Kennesaw office which was based on their schedule so after 3 pm there was nothing I could do. HOWEVER, anytime I did have a question, concern or issue my manager did make it a point to set time aside to help me or locate the resources needed to resolve the issue or issues I had; he was also very supportive and was very willing to sit and work with you if you had and insecurities of your ability to do your job.
The office wasn't very functional when I was hired so to do my job and at some points I was required to use my cell phone and then told after the fact that I would NOT receive compensation towards my phone bill regardless of if I went over my minutes or not.
I was ultimately fired without being told I was fired- I took a day off to have a tooth pulled, came back the next day to find all my stuff from my desk removed-- I couldn't find my boss, so I stepped out side and tried calling him directly and he kept sending me straight to voice mail- he ultimately ended up avoiding me completely and a third party ended up telling me that I was being let go, however I can say it was not due to my missing work for my abscenses related to having my tooth pulled. I was more angry at not being told by the person I trusted most in the company than I was at the fact that I was out of a job.
Advice to Senior Management – Perception is NOT reality-- pay attention to what is right in front of you not what you want to see.
Also- please don't shirk your duties- if you have to fire someone, do it yourself.

Other Employee Reviews for CAN Capital

"Business Analysis"

Former Employee - Business Analysis in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analysis in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at CAN Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Convenient commute close to home, good enviroment, laid back

Cons

bad pay, long hours, cold calling on the phones for eight hours is mundane and exhausting with little closing ratio.

Advice to Management

pay higher salaries and higher commission structure to keep employees motivated.

"Not Everyone is Treated Equally"

Current Employee - Outbound in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Outbound in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at CAN Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great weekly prizes for different spiffs that are put out each week.

Cons

You are told no cell phones but yet certain people still talk or listen to music on theirs. Certain supervisors (Mr President) sleeping with other employees, telling them if they come by and are late for work he will cover them if anyone ask. People drinking on the job (Mr President) in his white cup. Trainers showing favoritism to certain male employees allowing them to come to work and clock in then leave to do whatever they want.

Advice to Management

Monitor what your supervisors are allowing their employees to do. Management (Mr President) should not be trying to sleep with other females telling them to "open your legs". Completely wrong