CARFAX - I didn't expect to love CARFAX so much! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for CARFAX

"I didn't expect to love CARFAX so much!"

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Carfax has a wonderful culture, the way people are changes your perspective on a workplace. Leadership is a bigger plus, having committed and strong leadership that want the same things as you. A dog-friendly environment is also a plus! Having a tough day? Go pet one of the cute adorable pups. The work-life balance is surreal. They want you to take your vacations. They want you to spend time with your family. It's incredible and you never have to feel guilty for it.

Cons

Politics, but every workplace has politics.

Advice to Management

Some senior management has retaliated from the employee survey. It creates a hostile environment. Management harasses employees to find out who said what on the survey without knowing the actual truth. HR should get more involved than allowing the management find a resolution.

CARFAX Response

Jan 11, 2018 – Director, HR

Thank you for your feedback. We take the feedback on our annual survey seriously so that we continue to be a top place to work. We never want members of Team CARFAX to feel that there is... More

Other Employee Reviews for CARFAX

1. "Can't think of a better place to be!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hmm...where do I start?
    - fun work environment
    - open door policy with management (literally, you can see into every office here!)
    - dog-friendly every day of the week
    - free lunch on Fridays
    - constant encouragement by team members and management
    - growing company with new product offerings
    - casual
    - innovative technology
    -customer focused
    - great benefits/perks!

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary corporate environment. Some office politics, growing pains, etc. You experience these wherever you work!

Advice to Management

Keep Carfax's culture going. As the company grows and expands, it is important to remember that the PEOPLE are what make the organization tick. Without our strong culture, our company can't thrive like we have in the past. Keep encouraging innovation and new ideas at all levels in the company, not just senior management.

CARFAX Response

Jan 11, 2018 – Director, HR

Your Advice to Management is spot on. Over 200 new members of Team CARFAX joined us in FY17. That number is only expected to grow. We know our culture is what sets us apart and maintaining it is... More

"Dealer Business Unit"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Centreville, VA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Centreville, VA

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Carfax over 17 years. I have watched it grown and thrive. I have grown and thrived along with it!! This place has been my second family. They support me, encourage me and give me the freedom to learn, collaborate and suggest improvements. I cant imagine working anywhere else. Do you want to find a home? A place you don't dread waking up every morning to work for.. then apply quickly!!

Cons

I have no cons to share.