CARFAX - I didn't expect to love CARFAX so much! | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"I didn't expect to love CARFAX so much!"

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Carfax has a wonderful culture, the way people are changes your perspective on a workplace. Leadership is a bigger plus, having committed and strong leadership that want the same things as you. A dog-friendly environment is also a plus! Having a tough day? Go pet one of the cute adorable pups. The work-life balance is surreal. They want you to take your vacations. They want you to spend time with your family. It's incredible and you never have to feel guilty for it.

Cons

Politics, but every workplace has politics.

Advice to Management

Some senior management has retaliated from the employee survey. It creates a hostile environment. Management harasses employees to find out who said what on the survey without knowing the actual truth. HR should get more involved than allowing the management find a resolution.

Jan 11, 2018 – Director, HR

Thank you for your feedback. We take the feedback on our annual survey seriously so that we continue to be a top place to work. We never want members of Team CARFAX to feel that there is... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Dealer Business Unit"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Centreville, VA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Centreville, VA

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Carfax over 17 years. I have watched it grown and thrive. I have grown and thrived along with it!! This place has been my second family. They support me, encourage me and give me the freedom to learn, collaborate and suggest improvements. I cant imagine working anywhere else. Do you want to find a home? A place you don't dread waking up every morning to work for.. then apply quickly!!

Cons

I have no cons to share.

Mar 1, 2018 – VP of People & Culture

Thank you for all your contributions over the past 17+ years and thanks to your family for their support, too!

"A great place to grow and learn"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbia, MO

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance - you can turn off your brain after leaving if that's the kind of person you are and not worry about overtime. Relaxed atmosphere that supports learning, growth, expression and having a good time in addition to hard work. Dogs are allowed, free lunch on fridays, a wonderful amount of vacation time and great benefits.

Cons

Flat company is not flat and is certainly not a meritocracy. The flatness is an illusion to make compensation and status even more opaque and confusing. There is no apparent rhyme or reason to who is regarded as senior or not but tenure is far more important than skill or contribution.

Advice to Management

Make positions, tenure, status and compensation more transparent. Find a way to evaluate staff based on merit and skill.

Mar 1, 2018 – VP of People & Culture

Thank you for providing such constructive feedback. We stay flat to avoid bureaucracy and hierarchy, but that shouldn't cause confusion around contributions and compensation. If you have questions or... More

Discover more reviews about CARFAX.