CARFAX - CARFAX is Awesome! | Glassdoor

"CARFAX is Awesome!"

Current Intern - Intern in Centreville, VA
Current Intern - Intern in Centreville, VA

I have been working at CARFAX as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best people I have ever met. I love my cooworkers and the management team, but mostly the CAR FOX. Free Friday Lunch!!

Cons

The only con to CARFAX is the commute. Traffic is terrible!

Other Employee Reviews for CARFAX

"Great People. Fun Environment. No Growth Potential."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They try to foster a fun family environment. There's a good work/life balance. Free lunch Fridays is always a big hit. Decent benefits. Great people to work with. Good product.

Cons

The people and the environment are so great that you end up getting comfortable and over looking the fact that there is almost zero growth potential. Not a place to stay if you want to advance your career. They pay you a lower base pay and tell you the bonus is to be considered part of your salary--but it did a big decline a few years ago which had a big impact on people's overall compensation. As the company adds more people, they don't add more points to the bonus pool either.

Advice to Management

Take a look at your Management--some of the upper Management needs an overhaul. Some of them play favorites and lack concern for their team. Also, start adding more structure to your departments to provide growth opportunities and don't forget to add a process! There's a big lack of process in every area of the company. Redo the bonus structure. Don't be so hesitant to change--it's making us lag in technology and if we're not careful a competitor could one day be some serious competition.

2. "The hardest job I'll ever love!"

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My job challenges me to be better every day. We're working hard to help millions of people buy and sell used cars with more confidence. That's not an easy mission to fulfill, but it's definitely one worth pursuing. The entire CARFAX Team is there to support each other and everyone has a say in how we get there.

Cons

I don't think working any place else will ever be as good as working here.