KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Engineering

Sep 17, 2019 - Software Engineer in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Working with talented and kind people - Great work life balance - Flexible schedule - Working on hard but achievable problems - An opportunity to help shape the standards in HD mapping for autonomous vehicles.

Cons

- Working on a bi-coastal team can be challenging.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Intern

Great Company Culture

Jan 18, 2021 - Software Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers were very nice and were always willing to help me with any problems I was having. Everyone seemed to get along well, and I really enjoyed coming in to work everyday. Interns were given interesting and meaningful projects to work on.

Cons

Interns could've been given a bit more guidance for projects

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Leadership that listens

May 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Inspirational coworkers. From a deep-set culture of taking care of yourself and your family, to inspirational athleticism, to grounds-up social initiatives, to just plain smarts, I never stopped being inspired by my coworkers. - Leadership that listens. Many startups pride themselves on having a flat structure, but CARMERA is definitely unique in the level of leadership involvement and fingertip on the pulse of the company. The method and means went through a few iterations while I was there, but always focused on a combination of long-term vision of leadership laced in with an opportunity to hear the voice of the employees. - Community involvement. Where can CARMERians become more involved in the community? From encouraging and enabling individual initiatives to round-tables to discuss how the company could position itself for social good, CARMERA is always focused on the big picture #ForAll. - Change for the better. Rather than stay with processes and workstreams that became stale, leadership is not afraid to pursue shifts in teamwork as soon as growth or directional change started to cause processes to creak at the seams.

Cons

- Like many startups, the work-life balance is driven by project demands and could vary quite largely across teams. - Perhaps due to its early startup stage, there is less of a focus on the long-term growth of employees.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about CARMERA.