CARQUEST - outside account manager | Glassdoor

"outside account manager"

Former Employee - Outside Account Manager in Norcross, GA
Former Employee - Outside Account Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at CARQUEST full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Carquest is a company that gives you the liberty to work your schedule, as an Account manager, in the territory i worked my manager helped me a lot with all the nescessary support.

Cons

unfortunately, there was no salary increase in the past, the pay structure was base + commision , the area i worked had at least 12 direct competitiors.

Other Employee Reviews for CARQUEST

"20+ yrs of service does NOT even get you a farewell cake or severance"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at CARQUEST full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For 20 years it WAS a wonderful company

Cons

; but upper mgmt does not plan ahead for future; hire outside contracted help such as relocation companies that are total failures, travel dept pays 4x the rate for expenses than booking directly online w/o cpn codes. Company could save MILLIONS by dissolving their "travel agency dept" alone; as they paid $1000 for airfare that I can log online and get for $148 - they count pennies instead of dollars; hire too many "familial" people that have NO training just same DNA as Executives, etc - NO forethought

Advice to Management

Look ahead 5 years and make goals - why spend 400K to relocate an employee AND then dissolve entire division in 6 months? Far too many upper mgmt personnel with 'TODAY" thinking ONLY skills and no one is planning for "TOMORROW" and 5-10-15 yrs

"Laid back"

Current Employee - CARQUEST DELIVERY TEAMMATE in Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - CARQUEST DELIVERY TEAMMATE in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at CARQUEST part-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the store managers I have met seem very laid back and understanding. The one I work for doesn't do any of the neurotic things that you come across at other jobs.

Cons

The upper level management isn't as flexible or understanding as the store-level guys. I've also worked there over a year (part time) and haven't had any indication of a raise.

Advice to Management

Pay more. You get idiot work for idiot pay. If you paid $10/hr for a driver and $13-15 for a counterman, you could compete for talent.