CARQUEST - My store was the best | Glassdoor

"My store was the best"

Former Employee - Customer Delivery Teammate in James City, NC
Former Employee - Customer Delivery Teammate in James City, NC

I worked at CARQUEST part-time (More than a year)

Pros

LOVE the people I worked with! We were family! always positive reinforcement. No negativity ! Understanding if I called out (which wasnt often). Everyone worked as a TEAM. Everyone who worked there had been there for years. I miss it!

Cons

Pay isnt all that great, and cooperate is very stingy.

Advice to Management

Management is great. But to cooperate: Listen to your employees!! We make you the money so have a little feeling towards our needs a little bit!

Other Employee Reviews for CARQUEST

1. "Great co-workers, great schedule, pay is marginal at best"

Current Employee - Customer Service Teammate in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Teammate in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at CARQUEST full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management at store level, not a high stress environment, good co-workers. Current manager is very flexible and has amazing attitude.

Cons

Pay could be better, better pricing for commercial accounts to allow for more business and profits.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the 3-step buying system, it would allow for more competitive pricing. Carquest could gain a much broader customer base this way. Bring back bonuses based on gross profit, moral would improve.

"Overall, Carquest provided a good atmosphere and opportunity to learn."

Former Employee - CounterPro in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - CounterPro in Lawrence, KS

I worked at CARQUEST full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent team feel. Higher quality parts and customer service. The opportunity to learn more about the industry is great. Because we primarily supply professionals, we are required to play ball on a level higher than retail focused competitors.

Cons

Shift from commercial to retail has become problematic. Cqs core customer is the commercial shop and should be our primary concern, however upper management has shifted marketing towards retail customers which decreased out ability to provide commercial customers with the highest level of service and inventory availability.

Advice to Management

Re-focus the company strategy back to the core commercial customer. Get rid of the bulk retail inventory and support commercial functions through better inventory management.