CB&I - Great company to work for... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CB&I

"Great company to work for..."

Former Employee - Engineering Discipline Head
Former Employee - Engineering Discipline Head

I worked at CB&I full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CB&I is an excellent company; good systems in place and successfully executed many projects in oil&gas EPC.

Cons

Company is too big and sometimes capable ppl get lost in the crowd

Advice to Management

More communication with staff about company's future path

Other Employee Reviews for CB&I

"Do as I say, not as I do"

I worked at CB&I full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Long time company with an incredible history and tremendous growth. The company works on great projects and it is rewarding to see a project go from concept to completion.

Cons

The leadership is the company's weakest link - they are not highly visible or accessible with the exception of the occasional town hall like meetings which you are lucky if you even get invited to - the meetings are 98% male because there are so few women in leadership roles. Women leave the company because they cannot get promoted into a leadership role and they are given less visibility than their male counterparts. Their attempt for a women's network group was just an attempt and what value can you get out of ANOTHER conference call listening to the CEO speak? It was a joke. The company follows the standards when it comes to engineering (that's a good thing), but when it comes to the human aspect of how the company functions, they are all over the board. Their way of finding the so called individuals with high potential is if they like you or not and if you will bend over backwards, sideways, etc. for them. They also got rid of their severance plan which was a terrible thing to do to the loyal employees that have stayed for 15-25+ years. They did not care at all about the people that were loyal to the company through the highs and lows over the years.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees - but communicate the truth because that is the only way you will get them to trust you and support your leadership. Leadership also needs to come down to earth with the rest of the crowd. We all breathe the same air, drive the same streets, etc. and remember you were once in our shoes!!!

2. "i had a good time working in this company fo almost 32 years & i got a lot of experience for those long years of working"

Current Employee - Anonymousrection Foreman Senior in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at CB&I full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the company give high salary to all employees

Cons

sometime they give good salary to those who are luck of knowledge but their is a lot of relatives to the company who have a higher position on the jobsite.

Advice to Management

please take a look for those who work over 30years of service in the company to bring thier family with them while working in overseas