CB&I - Relocation of Lummus Tech to Woodlands September 2014 | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CB&I

"Relocation of Lummus Tech to Woodlands September 2014"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Decent benefits package, most office supplies & coffee provided, exceptional service in booking travel arrangements with a company dedicated AmEx travel service. Responsive Facilities staff

Cons

The recently announced office relocation from the Houston Galleria office to The Woodlands poses a significant hardship to the majority of those "invited" to either move to or drive the 40 miles to the new Woodlands office, resulting in the majority leaving the company to avoid the move.

Advice to Management

This significant reduction in seasoned, quality technical knowledge will result in a hard blow to the company's anticipated revenue for years to come, because the "COMPANY" hasn't planned well enough in advance to anticipate the loss of those who will be leaving within the next several years due to retirement, and now with the relocation, those who are not willing to relocate. The technical expertise cannot be replaced with new hires who can just step into those positions and it is unrealistic for the "COMPANY" to expect that bringing in 50% or more new hires will be able to manage the current workload. Because the "COMPANY" has chosen to make this fiscally poor decision, it will result in sub-par deliverables to the client & CB&'s reputation will suffer in this competitive industry.

Other Employee Reviews for CB&I

"Great Co-workers, but Upper management doesn't really care about it's employees."

Current Employee - Civil/Structural Engineer II in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Civil/Structural Engineer II in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at CB&I full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers in engineering are great. Benefits are average for consulting firm. Great place to learn a lot of things. Pays pretty well.

Cons

Management doesn't offer raises with promotions. Management doesn't really care about work/life balance more of slave drivers to get the work done. A lot of overtime required on certain projects.

Advice to Management

Consider showing more appreciation to employees for all the hard work they accomplish

2. "Subcontract Admin for Chicago Bridge & Iron"

Current Employee - Subcontract Administrator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Subcontract Administrator in Houston, TX

I have been working at CB&I full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for employees willing to relocate.

Cons

Compensation is a tad below market average.