CB&I - Process Engineer | Glassdoor

"Process Engineer"

Current Employee - Process Engineer II in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Process Engineer II in Houston, TX

I have been working at CB&I full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to gain work/technical experience

Cons

Working environment is soso.

Other Employee Reviews for CB&I

"Avoid at all costs if you value your career."

I have been working at CB&I full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Collaborating with talented and loyal employees and working on a variety of interesting projects.

Cons

CB&I may have acquired The Shaw Group, but it was only on paper. Instead of getting the best of both companies, we've got the worst of both sides as far as management is concerned. Shaw practices has infected CB&I upper management, resulting in questionable and shady behavior, muddled processes, and cloak-and-dagger backdoor politics.

A forced relocation of all Corporate personnel to the Woodlands by September 2014 will result in 90+% cannibalization of IT and HR departments (among others). Only "selected" persons were asked to move, given paltry and laughable relocation packages, then told to keep "hush hush" about it. The unlucky ones left behind are being hung out to dry, still waiting for any official word from management about office closures, severance (yeah, right) and any other pertinent information related to the obliteration of their jobs. Management has been silent and uncommunicative about the whole affair. This company likes to preach and extol high moral and ethical standards, yet they can't even maintain the common decency to communicate to employees who have been loyal and hard-working to them for many years.

Plans to outsource work overseas is the cherry on top of this putrid cake. Avoid at all costs if you value your career and your professional development.

Advice to Management

Enjoy your shiny new building and best of luck this September. You'll need it.

Also, say hi to our friends in India.

"Lots of potential for new employees to perform interesting work."

Former Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Charlotte, NC

I worked at CB&I full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

stable; proven strategies for successfully delivery of work objectives. Competitive pay & benefits package. Decentralized field operations.

Cons

Succession planning on projects is not very comprehensive. Pay is unequally distributed. Females & minorities have a more difficult time navigating and succeeding in the old The Shaw Group locations.

Advice to Management

Manage all of the business, not just what is close to corporate offices. The current construction projects in SC and GA needs some more CB&I corporate oversight.