CBRE - Good Company to learn about business | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CBRE

"Good Company to learn about business"

Former Employee - Business Development in New York, NY
Former Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I worked at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people in the company are very intelligent and are open to sharing knowledge. Plenty of opportunities to understand the business.

Cons

Depending on role within company, obtaining promotions can be difficult. Developing path to attain more is a bit unclear. and confusing.

Advice to Management

Management direction

Other Employee Reviews for CBRE

"Dont walk-RUN from Sprint/CBRE"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing. Poor benefits for such a large company

Cons

What a dreadful experience. If you work at Sprint you will be outsourced to CBRE if you fall under the Real Estate dept. You will be overworked, underpaid, and generally treated like a piece of garbage. Imagine working for a cell phone company but not given a phone for business purposes even though you are expected to be available 24-7-365. If you dont have one you need to pay for one and then they pick up the monthly tab, but you dont own it so you are basically buying a phone so they can overwork you!!!!!!!!Not sure what is like to work at other accounts, but the Sprint account is a horror show and should be avoided at all costs!

Advice to Management

Learn that people have options and will explore those options if treated poorly. Turnover has a negative affect on production and morale

"Overworked and Underpaid-No work/life balance"

Current Employee - Real Estate Accountant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Real Estate Accountant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a great place to gain experience in accounting. You'll learn to do alot including, preparing and post journal entries, working through the general ledger account, bank recociliations, capital funding, fixed asset depreciation, and putting together a financial report. There are very many opportunities for growth and movement.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, and understaff. You are given a portfolio of properties to manage. I feel like the quality of work I put forth would be better if I had less properties in my portfolio. Too many properties to manage means I have less time to clean up the mess. During reporting time you will have to work overtime, but instead of paying you overtime if you are hourly, they want you to flex the following week. Several reports are due at the same time. They work you like horse! When you need to go vacation, you cannot do it during reporting time. You can only take vacation when you have an open week with no reports. We get 100+ emails a day, so when you go on vacation, work gets backed up. You have to get as much work done as possible before going on vacation because no one will cover you. You pretty much have to bust you butt to get all your work done before vacation. Then when you get back from vacation you have a crap load of things to follow up on. It's almost not even worth going on vacation. They need to hire more accountants and spread out the properties so that we generate quality accounting services and not feel overwhelmed/overworked. The work/life balance is terrible. You see people working late all the time because we're just overworked. We go home cranky. I postposted part time school because work was taking up my life. I've had coworkers who had to cancel/quit part time jobs that were more recreational jobs because they were so busy working all the time at CBRE.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff. If you want to produce quality accounting services spread the work load by hiring more staff. This should also ease the work/life balance.