CBRE - Great place to work! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Field Technician Support in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Field Technician Support in Baltimore, MD

I worked at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A large company with almost a small company feel! For CBRE to be such a big company, I never felt like it. I never felt like I was just another number or just another face. I worked out of multiple offices there and each one the people were always so nice! Everyone made you feel like you were apart of a family! Like every family, some had their disagreements/drama, but all in all it was great. We uses to get bonuses and have Christmas parties and other office events. Even when the economy hit rock bottom, and we weren't due to get bonuses that year, and I wasn't in the least bit worried about a bonus since that type of stuff was all new to me anyway, some people in the office got together some of their own money to get me a bonus! I was the IT person for their office who was at the time pregnant due soon. One of the girls in my office even coordinated a surprise baby shower for me! The whole office was in on it...they got us everything we needed for the baby and more!!! The office I worked primarily out of could be a little demanding at times...I remember some of the other IT techs teasing me asking me why I was always smiling after working in that office...but they weren't that bad. They just needed what they needed as of yesterday! They had money to make! Either way, good people, good pay, good company!

Cons

I do remember feeling like there wasn't much room for advancement as an IT tech. The only other position above that was a Networking position, and they only had two networking guys for the whole company. One for the east coast, one for the west! Aside from that there were other projects and roles you could get involved with but no other position above FTS to strive for. Though the pay/ benefits were good enough for me not to need a promotion anytime soon anyway! This may have changed by now, since it has been a few years since I worked there.

Other Employee Reviews for CBRE

1. "fulfilling"

Former Employee - Director of Process Improvement in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Process Improvement in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at CBRE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, good work environment

Cons

No cons, really great place to work

Advice to Management

Concentrate on processes and their management

"Management training"

Former Employee - Accountant in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Accountant in Memphis, TN

I worked at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance with generous PTO and 3 weeks vacation time. Employees after 90 days are eligible for a two day remote.

Cons

Pay is way below market. Work load does not justify the amount of pay received. Management is a joke. Most are rude, know it alls. They harp all the time about team work but are actually only concerned about tooting their own horns. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Not only was there no possibility for growth, management does not even encourage promotion within the company. Goal setting is a joke. It is all about how the company can become better with your efforts, hardly anything tangible to actually make you a better employee. The reviews are even worse. It is supposed to be based on your goals but with so much internal moves, your current manager at year end can give you a failing grade for not meeting objectives set by your former manager at the beginning of the year. Say goodbye to your meager increase.

Advice to Management

Train your management. They are the biggest reason why you have a very high turn-over rate. There is no teamwork when your team leaders are only concerned about their personal performance.