CBRE - Great but stagnant | Glassdoor

"Great but stagnant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment, laid back 80% of the time, additional holiday observances. Spirit Weeks, family oriented Alot of committees Jeans Days Remote access

Cons

If you want to advance it'll basically be ignored, with empty promises The people who have the jobs plan to keep them and are in no way interested in your personal progression despite trying to appear so and lets be honest, with the structure its not too far to go

Advice to Management

Complete facelift needed

Other Employee Reviews for CBRE

1. "Director"

Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CBRE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CBRE has some of the best people in the industry. Very solid company. Well organised. Generally nice offices and locations. Friendly culture. Great benefits.

Cons

Still has fiefdoms and silos that are hard to break out of or into. Even though it is a large company, mobility within is limited. Pay is not exciting. Very hierarchical and political.

Advice to Management

Take more risk, have more fun. Innovate. Embrace technology.

2. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Field Technician Support in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Field Technician Support in Baltimore, MD

I worked at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A large company with almost a small company feel! For CBRE to be such a big company, I never felt like it. I never felt like I was just another number or just another face. I worked out of multiple offices there and each one the people were always so nice! Everyone made you feel like you were apart of a family! Like every family, some had their disagreements/drama, but all in all it was great. We uses to get bonuses and have Christmas parties and other office events. Even when the economy hit rock bottom, and we weren't due to get bonuses that year, and I wasn't in the least bit worried about a bonus since that type of stuff was all new to me anyway, some people in the office got together some of their own money to get me a bonus! I was the IT person for their office who was at the time pregnant due soon. One of the girls in my office even coordinated a surprise baby shower for me! The whole office was in on it...they got us everything we needed for the baby and more!!! The office I worked primarily out of could be a little demanding at times...I remember some of the other IT techs teasing me asking me why I was always smiling after working in that office...but they weren't that bad. They just needed what they needed as of yesterday! They had money to make! Either way, good people, good pay, good company!

Cons

I do remember feeling like there wasn't much room for advancement as an IT tech. The only other position above that was a Networking position, and they only had two networking guys for the whole company. One for the east coast, one for the west! Aside from that there were other projects and roles you could get involved with but no other position above FTS to strive for. Though the pay/ benefits were good enough for me not to need a promotion anytime soon anyway! This may have changed by now, since it has been a few years since I worked there.