CBRE - Best professional company I have worked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CBRE

"Best professional company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Respectful workplace, great training, health benefits, telecommute opportunities, newest technology, subscriptions to all market data, smart co-workers, bi-weekly pay, overall great

Cons

Workers are limited in geographical territory due to large size of company

Advice to Management

The best manager is one who can handle any issue without getting emotions involved. My manager at CBRE is so extremely professional and has made my experience at the company awesome.

Other Employee Reviews for CBRE

"CBRE is a large company that focuses on getting as much production out of as few employees as possible."

I have been working at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

can move up somewhat quickly. casual work environment. work from home one day a week.

Cons

low compensation, over worked, must interview for promotions.

Advice to Management

increase pay and employees will be more willing to stay which will increase client satisfaction. The company has very high turnover.

"Financial Speedbump:"

I have been working at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of activity means lots of learning opportunities
    Lots of holidays
    Can flex-time 4 hours with no approval needed
    Decent vacation allowance (though taking more than a day can be a struggle)
    You usually end up with a decent little group of friends who share your pain

Cons

Very clique-ey. If you're not on your Controller/Asst. Controller's BFF list, you're out in right field scratching your groin.

Decisions you make, no matter how right, will NOT be supported, While your direct might have your back, as you get higher up the chain it doesn't matter if it's a client or a REM (Real Estate Manager aka on-site property manager), they won't support you. Why did I title this review "Financial Speedbump"? Because they will run you over.

REMs who are cognitively undeveloped. A large percent are in their jobs due to brown-nosing. They don't know the policies of their own clients or their company. They don't know even basic accounting concepts, that they are required to know, like accruals. Many will do more work to get out of actually doing the required thing they need to do.

Pay sucks. If you have student loans, consider a weekend job. If you're getting married, consider a weekend job.

Until you get a system down and get your REMs sticking to it, report turnarounds will blow. I've read many of the reviews here & some people are whining. I have eight properties right now, several of which are Senior REA level, and I can turn them all around within 3 days. The key is to be firm but fair with your on-site team and letting them know what expectations you have.

Advice to Management

Too many chiefs, not enough indians. Get rid of a lot of the worthless people who do nothing but sit in meetings & get food catered and get more accountants & coordinators.