CBRE - The best national real estate company with good reason. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CBRE

"The best national real estate company with good reason."

Current Employee - Real Estate Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Real Estate Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CBRE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A structured and organized real estate organization filled with highly professional individuals. Those who can't produce will not flourish here.

Cons

Some may view this as a con - internal training takes a little time at this organization. It pays large dividends long-term.

Advice to Management

Senior management is very highly structured. If you are at team player and well qualified you can succeed in this highly organized environment. It has been my experience that Senior Management is willing to become involved and offer support as much as needed.

Other Employee Reviews for CBRE

"Dynamic, empowering work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CBRE full-time

Pros

dynamic corporate culture, empowering, career advancement opportunities, ethical company, industry leader, diversity

Cons

The company has over 44,000 employees worldwide, so if you're looking to become a big player within a company, certainly the challenge is steeper. That said, the company does everything possible to set you up to succeed, because your success is the company's success, so there are very few artificial ceilings.

"Fun if you don't like money"

Current Employee - Real Estate Accountant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Real Estate Accountant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, relatively unstressful work. I've seen other people say that the company is very political and supervisors play favorites, but I don't see that. Maybe I'm just on a good controller team. Getting to work at home two days a week is nice too.

Cons

The pay flat out sucks. I'm making approximately 70% of the market rate. If I didn't have to have a second job, I would be more proactive about looking for something else. But the company loses a ton of good people - and will lose me - due to the crap pay. Even controllers full well admit this. Uneven workloads are a problem, too. Sometimes you have to get there at 6am, sometimes you spend half the day going down the Wikipedia rabbit hole.

Advice to Management

We lose clients because we can't retain talented people because you won't pay us what we're worth. Stop sending emails about Big Wins if none of that winning gets passed on down.