CBS News - It was fun and interesting. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CBS News

"It was fun and interesting."

Former Employee - Producer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Producer in New York, NY

Pros

Interesting place to work. There is always something new which makes the job exciting. Many opportunities to travel and to meet wonderful people.

Cons

Working in TV news can be hectic and very fast past. Promotions are generally based on favorites rather hard work.

Other Employee Reviews for CBS News

1. "hard to get a foot in"

Former Employee - News Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - News Intern in New York, NY

Pros

I interned here for college credit at CBS News. I have to say - I was mostly used for clerical/administrative/production assistant/gopher duties. I did make a lot of great contacts and get to meet a few celebrities here and there, but all my networking and connecting hasn't landed me much in the way of job offers yet. But in general fellow employees are great, pretty upbeat atmosphere to work in, and if I was given more responsibility and hands-on projects it would've made for a better overall experience.

Cons

update your technology; don't use outdated equipment

Advice to Management

don't throw away good talent just because they're at entry level positions

2. "Great intern experience, sucky management"

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

DC is such a small bureau you get to know everyone - faces start to look familiar. Everyone is really nice and willing to help! Great resume builder!

Cons

on most days did have much to do, logging and live logging tapes was my general responsibility after asking for more work.

Advice to Management

get your stuff together! interns are real people too! NY and DC need to learn to get along - it's stressful when the entire office is in uproar over a story that NY doesn't agree with. Pay your interns! ABC News does!