CDI Corporation - CDI @ Siemens Energy | Glassdoor

"CDI @ Siemens Energy"

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC
Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at CDI Corporation as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay, ease of use of field glass, onsite rep, good hourly rate.

Cons

It can be hard to work at a place but not actually be their employee. You are excluded from training and bonus opportunities. If you prefer to keep your commitments light, then its for you. Siemens tends to keep contractors long term without hiring them permanently.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful if you kept in more regular contact with your employees, even when they are placed in a large organization.

Other Employee Reviews for CDI Corporation

"Good experience with CDI"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CDI Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The representatives I dealt with were always polite and professional, I was impressed with their on-boarding process which was highly automated and efficient although a bit lengthy (but that is not their fault, rules and regulations)

Cons

This was a contract position, after I started working I rarely heard from anyone at CDI, which isn't really a bad thing except when the contract ended I would have liked more follow through to see if they could place me on another contract.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but try to build a more lasting relationship with your contractors.

"All I can say "it's slightly better than being unemployed""

I have been working at CDI Corporation part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with very bright fellow employees, so far work has been steady.

Cons

Having never been a contractor I expected CDI to be an advocate for me, how naive. Upper management cuts hours whenever they want the numbers to look better. Every person who is conected with this company worries that you will have your hours cut be forced to take an unpaid furlough, or just let go no matter how hard you work or how well you do the job. CDI cares nothing about their contractors. The benefits are a joke, I found better plan searching the web. They dangle better compensation and employee status like a carrot just out of reach.

Advice to Management

Stop the pretense that you give a "rat's ass" about any of us. We are alone, we have no support from you or any other member of the actual CDI team.