CDK Global - Good company; went through a lot of change | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CDK Global

"Good company; went through a lot of change"

Former Employee - Services in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Services in Seattle, WA

I worked at CDK Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people. Cobalt knew how to find and hire smart, committed, hard-working people who cared about their work and were creative about finding solutions to problems. If you are interested in online marketing, Cobalt is a great place to cut your teeth on this area.

Cons

When I was there, Cobalt was going through a lot of change. First, getting a huge contract with General Motors and shortly thereafter having to weather the GM bankruptcy and automaker bailouts. The company grew quickly, and there were some growing pains associated with that and then Cobalt was ultimately acquired by ADP, which brought a level of corporate big company bureaucracy (although I understand ADP has largely left Cobalt to run itself as it had before).

Advice to Management

Management at Cobalt is generally good and they focus on providing training for their leaders, although sometimes it can be tough for entry-level folks to have a clear career path.

Other Employee Reviews for CDK Global

"I debate stepping out into traffic every, single, morning."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Free Orca card (which may or may not be revoked in the near future)
    - No dress code (very casual)
    - Conveniently located near Tully's/Starbucks/Specialty's & the International District
    - Great views of Puget Sound & the International District
    - Air conditioning
    - Free filtered water
    - You can literally do nothing all day and keep your job (and there's no incentive to want to try harder anyways)

Cons

- No real advancement opportunities
    - Soul crushing policies and procedures
    - Quite possibly the worst morale atmosphere I have ever been subjected to
    - Lack of communication and follow through from management
    - Middle managers are extremely under qualified and ineffectual
    - Terrible work/life balance
    - Prohibitive sick policy that does not comply with Seattle guidelines (punitive nature)
    - Way below industry standards for average pay & benefits
    - Everything is about pleasing the "customers", please note that the customers are car salesmen (that alone should speak to the quality of any position with this company)

Advice to Management

I literally had to seek out a mental health professional and get on anti-depressants because working at this company literally had me visualizing various ways to end my life each and every morning.

Perhaps work on morale issues (the worst I have ever seen) and provide actual advancement opportunities, that'd be great.

"Was an ok entry-level job, cannot wait to leave"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're interested in digital marketing, this is a good place to gain experience and get your foot in the door as they are constantly trying to hire new people to replace those who are leaving.

Cons

The pay is awful and I struggle to find meaning in my work. You have to deal with as much big company bureaucracy as actual work. I received no training and our expectations are constantly changing. There is little to no room for career growth.

Advice to Management

The pay needs to be on par with industry standards. I would also recommend establishing what you want out of your employees. Our roles and expectations are constantly changing, leading to confusion and frustration.