CDK Global - The best company I have ever worked for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CDK Global

"The best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - L & D Coach in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - L & D Coach in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really like how they don't mico manage your work. They give you the ability to develop your own plans and help you get there through coaching. The benefits are great! Who offers a pension anymore? ADP/Cobalt. Who does team outings every quarter to connect with your team? ADP/Cobalt. Who helps you with your career path by paying for your college? ADP/Cobalt. Oh and I can wear what I want (for the most part). Thank you so much for letting me be apart of such a great organization.

Cons

Well, I would say we don't get the best pay in the industry but the other benefits out weigh that in my book.

Advice to Management

I thought the way we did our benefits prior to being with ADP was a much better program.

Other Employee Reviews for CDK Global

1. "This is the most disappointing I have ever worked for."

Current Employee - SEO in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - SEO in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, free bus pass, close to where I live, commuting to work is easy.

Cons

They are outsourcing our department to India. They are very discriminating when it comes to promoting from within. More work with no increase in compensation. They pay below industry standards.

Advice to Management

Make advancement opportunities easier. Promote from within. Don't outsource out of the US, keep jobs in America. Start paying employees a more competitive pay rate.

"Good people, lots of big-company process, experienced software developers will find it stagnating."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely diverse group of employees from around the world. Some groups have interesting technical challenges which can be fun to solve.

Cons

Enormous amounts of process (meetings, meetings, and more meetings). Software engineers are strongly pushed towards management as they rise in seniority. Balance of software engineers is very bottom-heavy, where the bulk of the manpower is very inexperienced. In spite of that, senior management still believes it is wise to continue bulking up junior staff offshore, which just increases the amount of time one has to spend on process. Every team has staff in India, so developers are expected to work late at night to guide remote devs (some teams go so far as to do this every weekday night).

Advice to Management

A small team with experienced developers = better products, faster.
    A large team with inexperienced developers = mediocre products, slower, and the weight of maintenance will eventually grind development to a crawl.