CDK Global - A mix of startup and big business with the best of both | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CDK Global

"A mix of startup and big business with the best of both"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cobalt is one of the few places I've worked where management truly seems devoted to empowering their employees. There's very little enforcement of hierarchy, and management is very sane when it comes to projects and deliverables - much more focus on quality deliverables than you would expect from a large company.

Cons

As with all large companies there is some bureaucracy. Management is also spread too thin for the amount of employees, info reaches us in a late fashion (bonus info, event opportunities, info about the company, etc).

Advice to Management

Hire more managers.

Other Employee Reviews for CDK Global

1. "A slow and rocky start becomes great learning opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Some companies subdivide my position into different roles, but at Cobalt I get to wear all the hats.

2. I have a compassionate manager who insures I have what I need, and who is an expert in my job role. This manager is a great role model. I will jump over the moon (e.g. work hard) for a manager I respect.

3. Although I am salaried, I'm not expected to put in extra hours, except when a deadline approaches (great work-life balance).

4. My manager divides up a project that threatens to overwhelm me, asking my colleagues to take on a piece of it so it gets done. In turn, I am happy to take on a piece for a colleague when I have have extra "bandwidth".

5. Many job roles have solid new-hire training with mentors and coaches to help them feel comfortable in their roles.

6. Although belonging to the corporate giant, ADP, the senior management of Cobalt remains down-to-earth and accessible, even to me.

7. I am able to transfer relatively easily to another job within this company or corporation.

8. Solid business ethics.

Cons

1. A difficult past manager who left me to figure out how to do my job alone.

2. A past manager called me self-absorbed and a lier after I diligently completed the very things I was previously instructed to do.

3. I've not been allowed to have all the software I need to do my job well, although that is changing.

Advice to Management

Please provide new hire role-specific training for ALL new employees, so they can learn their jobs and be successful.

Please check in regularly, assign a mentor, and provide coaching if possible. While many job roles at Cobalt have access to these helpful services, some of them, like mine, do not.

2. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative product offerings in a growing market, flexible work schedule, fantastic people, a relaxed, hard-working company culture. Also has a large number of great career opportunities for those willing to work for them.

Cons

Can sometimes take too long to make a change in direction. But what large company doesn't?

Advice to Management

Work on pushing for better compensation packages across the organization.