CDK Global - Detroit Office is a Great Place to Start | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CDK Global

"Detroit Office is a Great Place to Start"

Current Employee - Web Content Specialist in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Web Content Specialist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Culture makes you feel like family
- Workday is broken up by office events/chatter on a daily basis
- Great place to build communication and team building skills
- Stable Benefits and 401k and Stock purchasing program

Cons

- Not a great fit for introverts
- Work can get hectic during promotions and launches
- Tools and pace can be too much for novice techies
- Compensation is below industry avg.

Advice to Management

Keep perks, culture/events in the forefront to reduce brain drain down the line due to lacking salaries.

Other Employee Reviews for CDK Global

1. "Great company culture and vision for continued success"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

From the top level all the way to the bottom, it's obvious that all associates take a great deal of pride in the Cobalt culture. Our motto is often quoted as "work hard, play hard". We work extremely hard in every facet of our job/role/function and we're the best at what we do in this industry. Upper management knows the importance of making associates feel recognized and appreciated for their hard work on a frequent basis. They do this by organizing events (both big and small) to give associates a chance to "breathe" on a weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual basis.

At the end of the day; leading teams to create the perfect website and online marketing strategy, in order to help dealers find success in their marketplace is a pretty cool reason to come to work every day.

Cons

Most of the time, Cobalt moves a million miles a minute. Usually our speed enables us to be nimble and ahead of our competitors in a variety of ways. Unfortunately, however, we often cast very tight (and sometimes) unreasonable deadlines upon ourselves in order to deliver a new product or tool. Under these tight deadlines, we will often release something that has "bugs" or known issues in it. The unfortunate part of this is that it usually leaves the customer (i.e. the dealer) with a poor experience and it also means that internal staff have to develop workarounds and/or processes to avoid these bugs in order to support a customer's request. If we were to slow down a little, we would stand a better chance at releasing a new product or tool without any issues - thus improving the internal and external customer experience.

In some instances, associates are often paid a salary in the lower part of their range as opposed to the mid or high part of the range. These associates have to work twice as hard to have a chance at getting a raise big enough to make a reasonable difference in their annual salary. This usually feels very disheartening to the associates that bleed Cobalt blue in everything they do.

Advice to Management

When presenting an associate with a promotion, give them the official title in the system in addition to an increase in pay. The increase in pay is good obviously, but that "goodness" is often overshadowed by the fact that the associate may not be eligible to get their official title changed in the system. This usually leaves the associate feeling confused and managers don't have a very good explanation for this business "rationale/logic".

2. "The best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you want to work for a company that is a leader in its industry then Cobalt is the place to be. Cobalt has a great office downtown right by Qwest Field. It has a cool mix of young and veteran professionals. In addition they have the backing of ADP which gives them a ton of resources to continue to be a leader in the digital marketing space.

Cons

I do not feel there are any cons.